Moto E - sound problem, help!

ronclone

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Guys i don't know why, but suddenly I'm not getting any media-apps sound from the loudspeakers... When I restart the phone it works for a few seconds (when I unlock the phone for the first time it works) then when is not Working and I press the volume up key it acts like I have an earpiece plugged in (gives me the too loud for too long warning)

Anyone have a clue? 4.4.3. Unrooted here... Only "mod" I've done is L keyboard and WhatsApp+...

Shanker Parepalli

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I am also getting the same problem. It automatically works fine after two or three days. And few days after same problem,, speakers not working.. Right now speakers not working and tried all tricks no use

ImogenF

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
After much research, I have discovered that the answer to this is simple, it is a bad connection in the loudspeaker. Take the back off the phone, and press quite hard around the back of the loudspeaker/bottom of the battery area. Within a couple of seconds the speaker came back to life and is still working fine. I had lost all alarm tones, notification tones, incoming call did not ring and loudspeaker did not work, but all good now.

charliepowell47

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
After much research, I have discovered that the answer to this is simple, it is a bad connection in the loudspeaker. Take the back off the phone, and press quite hard around the back of the loudspeaker/bottom of the battery area. Within a couple of seconds the speaker came back to life and is still working fine. I had lost all alarm tones, notification tones, incoming call did not ring and loudspeaker did not work, but all good now.

Hi ive got the same problem, when i press round the battery area amd sound comes on. But wont stay on any suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:

Shekhar Tanwar

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site

That worked... Thanks.

kerrylaw

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
A lot of Moto E owners have run into a bug where the sound completely stops coming out of the speaker, or it comes out incorrectly. Audio continues to work correctly through headphones. This was caused by a bad connection between the speaker and the main board. If you smack. tap rap or bend the phone, somtimes the sound will work. Here is the cause and here is how I fixed it….

Step 1) Power down phone.

Step 2) Remove the 14 screws from the back cover. These are “hex or spline” screws, but if you don’t have the correct tool, a fine “straight” screw driver will work.
moto1_600.jpg

Step 3) Open the phone and carefully fold the rear cover over. Be careful not to break or stress the battery cable.
moto2_600.jpg

Step 4) Locate the speaker pads on the main board and clean them. Alcohol is good. Clean the pads and their respective fingers on the back cover. This is where the fault lies. These pads get dirty from micro dust and fail to make good contact with the fingers. That is why “banging” or “smacking” the phone on the back, at this location, temporarily fixes it.
moto3_600.jpg
moto5_600.jpg

Step 5) While you are at it, clean the pads and fingers for the headphone jack also.
moto6_600.jpg

Step 6) reassemble! Should hear sound as designed.

sagar_shah

Nov 14, 2016
Visit site

Dude you just saved my phone. Thanks a lot

Last edited by a moderator:

Suriyawwe

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site

Mar 5, 2017
Visit site

WOW ITS REALLY WORKING, AM FACING LAST FEW DAYS same problem, I got solution , it's working now 😀

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site

I know this is old but I have been having this sound problem for a month and your suggestion FINALLY fixed it. THANK YOU!