My mobile data is off but my device is still using mobile data!

applegrew

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Of late I am facing a strange issue. I have a Moto E with Android 4.4.4. Mobile data is set to "off" and I have my Wifi always on. Still daily three - four times a day I am receiving notification of 0.03MB of usage.

In India after each internet session (after some internet usage, stop all internet activity for few minutes) the service provider sends a notification with data usage and the amount charged.

I have been getting this 0.03MB usage charge almost randomly but consistently. This issue came up in last two-three days. Incidentally my wife too faced the exact same issue a month back. She too has Moto E with but then she had Android 4.4.3. She had to get her GPRS deactivated for this.

I also checked the data usage screen and the phone shows zero usage in the period when I started facing this issue.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sorry for this very late response--is this still an issue for you? (You may not have gotten a good response since it wasn't posted in the device forum--I moved it to the Moto E forum now).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36