Moto E Love

RK928

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I bought a Moto E for my wife (unlocked, not contract) from Motorola a couple of weeks ago and I have to say, this thing is much beyond my expectations, especially after reading the mass media reviews that almost convinced me not to.

My subjective impressions are that it's faster than my HTC One M8 and I don't notice much difference at all in screen quality. This is contrary to the "reviews" who basically pooh-pooh the Moto E as "too slow" and with poor resolution. Hogwash I say!

She absolutely loves it better than any phone she's owned before.

I'm not going to spend big bucks again on a phone and I don't want a monster-sized slab to worry about either. I'm actually hoping my HTC One dies so I can buy a sub-$200 Motorola. Disclaimer is that I'm not a heavy user, I make/take a couple of phone calls a day, look at a few emails and view the F1 Reader and some news. That's it. So for me, a Moto E or G is perfect.

Anyway, just had to put in my $0.02.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your thoughts, and glad to hear she's enjoying the phone! The E and the G are definitely great values. My only reservation about the E would be the 4 GB of internal storage, which can get used up relatively quickly if you like to install a lot of apps (or big apps). The SD card isn't very useful for this, because only a portion of an app can be moved to SD (assuming the phone even has that option).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Everyone pays attention to the flagships while the Moto E and Moto G dominate the "lower" tiers.

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Moto E is a kind of phone that does 90% of stuff that flagship phones do. Its that extra 10% like 20MP camera, 4G connectivity, ultra hd resolution, big *** tablet sized screens, etc is what people have to pay big bucks for.

czervik85

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I got this for my 5 year old daughter to use as a camera. I put it in airplane mode, disabled the dialer and put on Kids Place - Parental Control. I gave her access to the gallery and camera. For only $10 on sale this holiday season it is one of her favorite Christmas gifts. Now I don't have pictures of walls, various toys and whatever is going on outside on my phone or still camera so it's one of my favorite gifts too.

I did play around with the phone for a bit. It is a prepaid straight talk variety. I must say I don't feel I would be totally ashamed to have it myself. I have an HTC one M7 and my wife has a Samsung Galaxy S4. I can't be totally clueless since I come to Android Central but I am impressed by this little guy. At the price I paid and with regular back ups it is such a great and almost, dare I say it, disposable phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech