How do I make the phone enable GPS but not Google Location when enabling location?

A

AC Question

How do I make the phone enable GPS but not Google Location when enabling location.

The phone is a 2nd generation Motorola Moto E, running Android 5.1, without root access. When enabling location from the quick settings menu, or enabling location from the location menu in settings, the location mode sets to "High Accuracy." (GPS + Google Location Services) Is there any way for the location settings to default to "Device Only" (GPS only)

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I make the phone enable GPS but not Google Location when enabling location.

The phone is a 2nd generation Motorola Moto E, running Android 5.1, without root access. When enabling location from the quick settings menu, or enabling location from the location menu in settings, the location mode sets to "High Accuracy." (GPS + Google Location Services) Is there any way for the location settings to default to "Device Only" (GPS only)

Welcome to Android Central!

I believe if you go in to your location menu and turn off location history under Google Location History it shouldn't prompt you for high accuracy anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1