My Moto e doesn't see update 5.1?

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have an unlocked LTE XT1527 bought on Amazon, using a TMobile SIM. I just got it a couple days ago and setup everything, but my phone is on 5.0.2 and keeps telling me I'm up to date.

Is there any reason why it's not seeing the 5.1 update yet? I'm not worried about the band 12 loss because my previous Lumia 635 didn't support it and I still got great LTE here in center-Alabama.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since it's not a TMobile phone, TMobile won't be sending it updates. Since it's not on a Verizon account, Verizon won't be sending it updates. You;ll have to do it manually.

anon(5348756)

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I did do it manually, repeatedly, and it wasn't working. It would tell me I was updated. Now, call me a conspiracy theorist, but...

1) Yesterday my Moto E still couldn't see update 5.1 that's been out for months.
2) Then I called Motorola, they told me updates are controlled by carriers.
3) I called Tmo, they told me updates are complex and might still not be out.
4) Told the support tech more info than she could probably handle.
5) She redirected me to call their tech support (which I didn't).
6) 10 minutes later, I was suddenly seeing system app updates on my phone followed by the 5.1 update.

Smells fishy and I didn't cook any Tilapia.

jg2012

Aug 8, 2015
Visit site
Not seeing any update notification for my new Moto E as of yet. Sent an email to Motorola support and hope to get a response back soon.

Decent phone for the price.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

bozzg86

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday I asked an employee via chat support but he told me he did not know when the update will come and if he did know he wasn't allowed to share.. Weird no?

Posted via the Android Central App