Settings/Security/Automatically Lock only gives me 30 minutes max. I don't use Location settings, so Smart Lock is out. At home, I would like to have the screen go to sleep after a minute of inactivity, but the Lock only kick in after two hours or so, or better, only after I tell it to lock somehow. I have searched for hours for an answer and can't find what I need. I can't believe thousands of others don't want the same flexibility.

Anyone know a good method of achieving what I want?
    12-22-2015 03:47 PM
    You might want to check out Tasker, although I can't say for sure that it can do what you're looking for.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-23-2015 01:44 AM
    Thanks, B. I took your suggestion and had a good look at Tasker. Actually, I think Tasker is a case of overkill for the one option I'd like to have available, but looking it over and reading about it led me to another app that's less complex and says it does what I want it to do and not much else. I'm checking out Lock Delay now, and will move to trying Tasker if that doesn't pan out. Thanks again for responding. Happy whatever you're celebrating!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-23-2015 07:22 AM
    Oh good! Is the app Delayed Lock, or something else?
    12-23-2015 06:50 PM
    Yes, sorry, I mis-typed it. Delayed Lock it is. But it doesn't seem to work on my Moto E 2015 unless I set up the Location plug-in, and that requires that Location Services be on, but the built-in Lollipop Smart Lock does just fine with Location Services on.

I gave it about four hours of testing before I gave up, turned my Location back on, and set my Smart Lock to my home location.

Drat! The app looks brilliant, and the author is obviously attentive to users' probs, but he can't do anything about Motorola or Lollipop 5.

Any "something else" suggestions?
    12-23-2015 07:58 PM
    It looks like these kinds of apps don't work on Lollipop, due to changes in the screen lock protocol from KitKat: PSA: 3rd party apps that bypass the security lock screen (ie Delayed Lock, SkipLock) no longer work in Lollipop | TalkAndroid.com. So I'm not sure if there are any apps that can do what you're looking for (unless perhaps if you root the phone and do some significant modification).
    Laura Knotek and Oldwisewiz like this.
    12-24-2015 02:04 AM
    Thanks again, B. I was afraid that might be the case. BTW, Nazarian does a pretty good job of making info available. Appreciate your help and your link.

Wisewiz
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-24-2015 06:35 AM
    UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Wrote the developer, tried the app some more, even though I was not optimistic, given that I'm on the ornery Lollipop, and IT WORKS, and without that can-of-worms Location Services! Don't even need the Location plug-in (which, in any case, requires Location Services). Thanks, B. and all of you who read this thread.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-25-2015 09:46 AM