I come from a Windows Phone, where the phone/text tile will tell you how many missed calls or unread messages you have. I think iOS does this as well.

It doesn't seem to do this on my Moto E at all. There is the notification bar at the top, but I'm looking for something that will show the count on the "main buttons" on the homescreen, like this:

Count for number of missed calls, unread texts, etc?-untitled-1.jpg

Is this feature not available natively on the Moto E?
    01-02-2016 01:01 AM
    I come from a Windows Phone, where the phone/text tile will tell you how many missed calls or unread messages you have. I think iOS does this as well.

It doesn't seem to do this on my Moto E at all. There is the notification bar at the top, but I'm looking for something that will show the count on the "main buttons" on the homescreen, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	211793

Is this feature not available natively on the Moto E?
    This is not a native feature of Android.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition
    01-02-2016 01:05 AM
    I too come from Windows Phone and it seems like a basic missing feature. Is there a widget that does it, or possibly an app that can substitute? I have tried different notification options, but they are all too big and too intrusive--I just want the icon and a count on the lock screen and the homescreen.
    01-14-2016 11:15 AM