I've been getting "Storage space running out" system notifications on my Moto E (2nd Gen) from Boost Mobile. I've moved as many apps to the SD card as it will allow. But there are still many apps (pre-installed) that the system will not allow me to move SD or delete. Most of these I never use and some I don't even know what the heck they're for. Is there any workaround to get rid of this bloatware shy of rooting the phone? If I were to root it, any risk that it would no longer connect to the Boost network? Thanks for any help.
    06-11-2016 11:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! No, you have to root in order to delete bloatware. I'm afraid I don't know about being able to connect to Boost, although I would guess that you can still connect, as long as you don't delete some preinstalled app that is important for Boost.
    06-13-2016 02:28 PM
    I may have an answer for you. It worked great for my moto e and now every app I download goes to the sd card. You'll even be able to move some of the pre-installed apps to the card.Also all of your pictures, songs, etc...All you need is a PC and a usb connector and USB debugging enabled from Developers options. Then just follow these easy steps and let me know how it worked out. https://community.republicwireless.c...orage_Location
    DRonan24 likes this.
    01-05-2017 04:07 AM
    I've been getting "Storage space running out" system notifications on my Moto E (2nd Gen) from Boost Mobile. I've moved as many apps to the SD card as it will allow. But there are still many apps (pre-installed) that the system will not allow me to move SD or delete.
    Yes I do ran out of space first storage on my Moto E, so I did what anybody would do and I went and bought an 8 gig SD card... However when I got home and put it in the phone and mounted it I was shocked to discover only new apps you download can be moved pretty much 100% of the preinstalled apps cannot be moved by any means that I know of... However I think I'm going to try number three posters advice, might as well give it a shot... Wish me luck!

The real Annoying part is I still have it set for all new photos and videos to be safe on the card however I can't figure out how to move the old videos from the phone to the card. And I was really angry that I was only able to free up about 1 gig of memory.
    02-06-2017 08:29 PM