So after I turn on, or turn off, wi-fi, lately I've been seeing an icon appear and promptly go away on the left of my notification bar. It appears and disappears too quickly to swipe down on the bar, and when I do have the bar swiped down, nothing weird shows up when turning wifi on/off. e: It does this in safe mode as well, as it turns out.
    Attached is more or less what it looks like: it points down to the left, the base end of the triangle isn't a straight line, more like a compound of several curves. I'm trying to time a screencap just right to get a real image of the icon, but that's taking forever. I can't find it on the Google charts of notifications.
    Is this a problem I need to get looked at? I know apps will post their own icons, but is this a known malware?
    e: I'm on a Moto E with Android 5.1
    e e: I attached a video screencap of the thing. The icon I'm trying to ID is the one on the left between the video and update-app notifications.
    Attached Thumbnails Appearing/disappearing mystery notification, not on Google chart, when Wifi is on-sorta_icon.jpg   Appearing/disappearing mystery notification, not on Google chart, when Wifi is on-capture_icon.png  
    07-06-2016 09:56 AM
    e e: I attached a video screencap of the thing. The icon I'm trying to ID is the one on the left between the video and update-app notifications.
    It looks a lot more like the Google Play Music icon. I'd bet it's syncing something between your phone and music.
    07-06-2016 11:52 AM
    oh great. I don't use that, so it has no business doing anything. Is there anywhere I can see what that icon is supposed to look like, for verification?
    07-06-2016 03:46 PM