Missing Music Files

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I have a Motorola Moto E running Android kitkat 4.4.4. I have a 32GB SD card on which I have been keeping all of my music files in a folder named "Music." The other day I went to play a song, and it wasn't there. I looked on my ES File Explorer on my sd card and brought up the Music folder, but it was empty. So I hooked it up to my laptop and manually added the songs back in the folder. But when I pulled up ES File Explorer again, the folder was empty. When I have it hooked up to my laptop and look in the SD card Music folder, they all show to be there. But they're not. I repeated the process with the same results.
So this time while I had it connected to the laptop, I went to the Internal Drive - made a Music folder and uploaded the songs from the laptop to that. In ES File Explorer they show up there. When I play them they are there. But when I go into the Music folder on the SD card (via computer) the songs show to be there, but when I try to play one I get an error message. I looked at the Properties of some of the songs, and there doesn't seem to be anything there that would indicate a problem.
So I am completely stumped. I don't want to keep the music on the Internal Drive because it's almost completely full. Any ideas?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The SD card could be corrupt, defective, or counterfeit. Install SD Insight to see if the card is genuine or counterfeit. Counterfeit cards are programmed to report more storage than they actually have, and if you try saving more than the card can actually hold, then files can start getting corrupt.

If it's a valid card, then go to Settings>Storage, Unmount the card, remove it, and insert it into your computer. Can the computer read these files? Backup as much as you can right now, then run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908