Input audio is rather quiet

Duskitty

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hey all. For as long as I can remember, my phone's built-in microphone has been rather quiet, whether in voice chats on Discord with friends or just recording audio (not video). However, when recording a video with the camera app, the microphone has been just fine. I mostly shrugged the quietness off, as I don't use my phone for voice chatting or calling very often, until...

Recently, I purchased this headset adapter for use with my headset, as it has two separate plugs for microphone and headphones. I purchased this alongside an audio splitter (which I am still waiting on) in order to use my headset for both listening to the ingame audio of Splatoon 2 and voice chatting with my friends on Discord at the same time, but that's besides the point.

I plugged my headset (Logitech G430) into the adapter, which I then plugged into my phone and did some testing with friends on Discord. Right off the bat my friends noticed that I was much quieter on my phone than on my computer, despite it being the same headset that I use on my PC. Ensured that my input volume on Discord was indeed at maximum, checked and double-checked using other mobile devices, multiple different voice recording apps, etc. and made absolutely sure that my phone was indeed picking up my headset's microphone, not the built in microphone.
Still very quiet, regardless of whether or not I'm using the built in microphone or my headset's microphone. On other devices, this quietness is not present.

If anyone has any advice, it would be much appreciated. I am getting a new phone sometime in the near-ish future, and I'm still audible enough to friends as long as I speak up, so this isn't a huge concern to me, but I'd still be very grateful if this could somehow be fixed.