How to download text attachments

Wasser12

Sep 9, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know how to download an attachment of a photo sent by text to the Moto E5 Play 560?

When I tap on the attachment icon within the text message, the attachment icon spins in a circle with the message: "downloading" but the actual download onto the smartphone does not occur, even after the attachment icon stops spinning.

However, I am not sure where to look for the downloaded photo attachment within the smartphone either. Is there a default location within the smartphone? For example, I have an Astro File Manager installed on my smartphone, but there are no downloaded images within the Pictures section. Is there a way to "search" for a .jpg image on the smartphone itself?

Thanks for any tips.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
First check the phone's APN (in Mobile Data). It has to match your carrier's APN.

Second, it's probably in /Downloads, but you can use a file manager with a find function - just enter *.jpg (I'd suggest ES File Explorer but since Google removed it from Play, the new versions probably have spyware in them.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you clarify -- are you getting a text message that simply says "Tap to Download"? If so, that means it's an MMS message (which could be a picture text or a group text), and it's not coming through correctly because there's an issue with your mobile data. First, make sure your mobile data is on and that the reception is good. If it is, then double check the APN, as Rukbat suggested.