Lock Screen Flaw/Fault

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Im running 5.0.2 but yesterday my phone did a software update (24.41.53) and ever since then the lock screen has developed a fault/flaw: previously, to lock the screen I could just press the power button once and to unlock it I'd slide the little padlock up. Now, I can still lock it as normal but to unlock it I can simply press the power button again and it opens striaght up, no need to swipe the padlock. Is this a fault, or the dumbest update from a security point of view? Not only can anyone access the phone by pressing the power button, but every time it gets knocked in my pocket, it means I have no lock screen and anything can be pressed on screen by accident. Anyone else got this issue?

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Have you gone into settings and checked to see if the lock screen was set to "none?" If its selected then that's your cause, so just choose another option like "swipe to unlock", or seeing as you want security choose "pin" or "pattern." That should fix your issues with it unlocking in your pocket and no security. Hope this helps.😃

Posted via the Android Central App

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, but it has always been set to "swipe to unlock", never changed. Since the update, swipe can be bypassed. Same with other unlock options.

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Actually, setting the lock to default and then changing it again seems to do the trick. Not sure why the fault exists, and shouldn't have to do it, but at least it does the job. cheers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae