I'm not tech savvy so not familiar with my phone settings. For the last week I've tried to get the phone back to the standard way of inputting info, i.e. text by keyboard.
    The problem: on a screen requiring text, I get a Google Mic input screen on the bottom of the phone with the following 3 rows:
    Tap to speak x
    a settings icon, a mic icon and an x
    Google

My efforts to sort it:
    In phone settings under "Personal", I clicked on the "language and input" which showed that the default method as "Google voice typing".
    When I clicked on this it said "choose the input method".
    However, when I click on this it shows only the voice settings, i.e.
    Languages
    ok Google detection
    Hands free
    Speecg output
    Offline speech recognition
    Block offensive words
    Bluetooth headset

Wanted: Suggestions/advice please on how to change the default input back to a keyboard.
    08-03-2015 02:19 PM
    Let's try -the easy way-

Start any app that requires text input. Now try to input text (in theory, you'd get the Google Voice prompt). Now look on your notification bar; there should be an icon that looks like a keyboard. If you expand the notification bar it should say SELECT KEYBOARD. Tap on that, and you should be able to change your default input method. Just select either the stock keyboard of if you have a 3rd party one like SwiftKey, then you can select that one as well.
    08-03-2015 02:24 PM
    If you can't find that icon in your notification bar it will be at the bottom right of your screen. Tap on it and follow SpookDroid instructions to change your input method.
    Attached Thumbnails Advice please:  how to change my default input back to a keyboard?-1438628806481.jpg  
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-03-2015 03:06 PM