Moto E 2nd Generation text not appearing.

Mortikaye

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Hellos.

When I get an SMS messages and wish to reply sometimes the text I type doesn't appear. The keyboard shows up and the pressing of the individual letters registers, but the text doesn't show up.

Anyone else experience this and know of a workaround?

Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hellos.

When I get an SMS messages and wish to reply sometimes the text I type doesn't appear. The keyboard shows up and the pressing of the individual letters registers, but the text doesn't show up.

Anyone else experience this and know of a workaround?

Thanks.
Welcome to Android Central!

Try first tapping the text box then start typing. If that doesn't work, minimize (close) the keyboard and press the text box to pull the keyboard back up. Try typing and see if that works.

Maranda19

May 28, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem as well. I believe it happens the most when I leave/switch from an app with the keyboard currently open and use other apps for a few hours without closing it in recent apps. Minimizing the keyboard doesn't solve it for me. It continues to not display the text I've typed until I close the app, usually just by using the soft key for recent apps and swiping it off the screen. This clears up the problem for the time being.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome