Phone constantly switching Wi-Fi bands. Okay?

Oldwisewiz

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
In Settings/Wi-Fi, the two bands, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz, that my dual-band router broadcasts on appear with their two names. At a given moment, the name for the 5 GHz band says Connected and the name for the 2.4 GHz band network says Saved. But if I leave that page open in my Settings for a few moments, the name for the 2.4 GHz band suddenly jumps up to Connected and the name for the 5 GHz band jumps down to Saved. Wait a few moments and they switch back. Is this OK? What does it do to an app that tries to keep my phone from locking so long as I'm connected to a network, but asks that I use my password (once) to keep the phone unlocked if I move to another network or move away from a network and then back to it again?

I've worked with computers and computing for a long time, but this is my first smartphone (after a couple of long-lived feature phones), and I'm just not yet familiar with this flip-flop behaviour.

I will appreciate any guidance -- or answers -- members of the Forum can provide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech