Home screen icons shifted left 1 cm

A

AC Question

Hello,

Recently my phone's home screen has shifted the app icons to the left by 1 cm shortly after it boots up. This happens on either of the screens with the app icons, and the info bar at the top, as well as the triangle/circle/square "buttons", and any open apps, remain centered appropriately. Any idea what could cause this, and how to fix it?

Phone specs:
Moto E 2nd Generation
Android 5.0.2

I have a screenshot, but I do not see a means to upload it here... I am new to the board.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, welcome to the forums! I recommend you to create a free account here at Android Central so you can post a screenshot.

It looks like a launcher related problem. Are you using a custom one of just stock? You could try clearing cache for the launcher in settings - apps and then reboot your phone. Tell us how it goes.

kurato

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I'm using the moto G 2nd gen and also having similar problem (stock launcher).
All the icon shift/cram left by 1cm, when changing screen page too (it act like the screen is smaller by that 1cm, wall paper are not affected), only the info at the top and the buttons are correct, apps aren't affected, it happen at random at the moment, not at boot.
A temp fix at the moment is to reboot the phone.

SmartKid4G

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
The very same thing happened to me 3 times in the last 7 weeks. I simply shut off the phone and turned it back on for the fix.

I was told by a techie that my phone was Linux based and for some reason it likes to be turned off at least once a day.

Hope that helps.

SmartKid4G

Spark9

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same thing happen and it seems to happen only when I have been using the phone heavily with running back and forth with multiple apps. Rebooting the phone always fixes it for a bit but it happens again only with heavy usage. At first I thought it was a virus, so I brought my phone back to initial factory settings, but it didn't do the trick. It doesn't happen often though, maybe once every few weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

YaelH

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
I have this problem also!
Galaxy s6, I've cleared app cache, cleared general cache, changed font size, restarted a whole bunch of times, and nothing works.
Any ideas?

Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995