How Do I Prevent the Resets after Ten PIN Attempts?

jdanniel

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello, everyone. I have a Moto E that is probably about two years old. It is running Android 5.1.

I configured the phone to require a PIN whenever I want to use it. I did that because the phone was "butt dialing' too many people.

The problem is, sometimes the phone would turn on in my pocket. Then, it would enter random data as the PIN. If you don't enter the PIN after ten tries, the phone resets, under the assumption someone is trying to break into it.

Fortunately, I have my contacts backed up. The VCF files are stored not only on an 8 GB SD card I installed in the phone, but it's backed up on various media.

I lost some text threads, but they weren't vital. I lost my home-made ringtones, but fortunately, I had them backed up as well. Had I not backed up the contacts and ringtones, I'd be in serious trouble.

So, the obvious question is: Is there a way to prevent the phone from resetting, simply because the phone got turned on accidentally in my pocket? Is there a way to just set it up to power off, after ten PIN attempts? I really don't want to have to reload everything all over again.

Thank you for your help. J. Danniel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20