Change Round Icons back to NORMAL??

supertom

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
So ever since I bought my Moto E4, looking at those ROUND icons are absolutely driving me nuts! Is there a way to get rid of those icon frames and use the regular default icons? Please say that there is! Thank you!

supertom

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Can you show us a screenshot of what you mean? http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html. Moto's skin is typically pretty light, and the UI ought to look pretty close to "stock" Android -- so the icons should be Material Design.

So look at all the ugly round icons (play store & Google apps) on the Moto E4.. But then look at all the regular icons on my BlackBerry KEYone. My preference is to keep the icons the developers intended. My BlackBerry looks MUCH better and those round icons are annoying the heck out of me. :(

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171122-013227.png
    Screenshot_20171122-013227.png
    501.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20171121-223223.jpg
    Screenshot_20171121-223223.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 23

supertom

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
I think you'd have to use a launcher.

I have Nova Launcher and if I wanted to, I could change each icon manually with Nova. But I'd rather find a system-wide solution considering these round icons are NOT normal. The white borders are an eye-sore.. With my Galaxy S8, they at least have an option in display settings to remove the white "icon frames" or background they have them.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I have Nova Launcher and if I wanted to, I could change each icon manually with Nova. But I'd rather find a system-wide solution considering these round icons are NOT normal. The white borders are an eye-sore.. With my Galaxy S8, they at least have an option in display settings to remove the white "icon frames" or background they have them.
Nova has that option. Just go to nova settings>look and feel>marshmallow.

supertom

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
Nova has that option. Just go to nova settings>look and feel>marshmallow.

Tried it.. All it changes is the phone icon, settings icon, and text icon to their old school marshmallow stock icons. But the icons I'm most concerned about are the ones listed in the screenshots I took. Google's icons and especially Textra

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear -- you're opening the Nova Settings, going to Look & Feel>Icon Theme, and choosing either System or Marshmallow, and it still looks like that?

EDIT: Never mind, I just tried it on my Pixel 2 XL, and see what you mean -- even with Marshmallow selected, it's just round. That might be a bug on Nova's part -- contact the developer and ask what happened to the Marshmallow icon pack.

supertom

Dec 15, 2016
Visit site
So Motorola said the icons are "working as they should" and suggested a custom icon pack too. This is ANNOYING as there isn't a custom icon pack for DEFAULT icons!!

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
So Motorola said the icons are "working as they should" and suggested a custom icon pack too. This is ANNOYING as there isn't a custom icon pack for DEFAULT icons!!

The round icons are "normal" per recent Android updates. Your Blackberry is either running a launcher/skin, or is on an older OS version. There should be a way to change this with a launcher, but round is, in fact, normal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech