How to make new photo albums

benawhile

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have a moto E5 play. I take pictures with it. In my advancing years many of the pictures are of unattractive parts of my body which I store for showing doctors, chiropodists etc, or document healing of scars.

On a moto G you can create albums to store embarrassing pictures in. How do you do it on a moto E?

I can create an album in DCIM with a file manager, but it doesn’t show in the Google photos app. I even just did this to put a bunch of medical photos in the phone before an appointment just now. I created an album: medical. In the file manager programme it is there, but in the phot app they are scattered all among the photos according to date.

The albums in the photo app are Camera, Whatsapp, Whatsapp vidoes, Downloads and Screenshots.

But in the file manager under images is the medical album I created too. Why doesn’t it show in “photos”?

I could manage by not using the google app and only viewing photos through the files app, but I still can't make new albums from the phone, and what is the Google phot app there for if it doesn't have this function?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
In the Google Photos app, tap Menu>Device Folders -- do you see the album there? The main photo page in Google Photos (i.e., the main feed that shows up when you first open Google Photos) will show all photos from your Camera roll (i.e., the /DCIM/Camera directory) and photos from any other folder you've set to backup to your Google Photos in the cloud. By default, only the Camera roll will backup to Google Photos (if you turned on the auto-backup feature), so if you want other photos to backup to Google Photos in the cloud, you'd have to manually turn it on for each of those albums/folders. Or, if you don't want to backup a folder, you just have to access it by selecting Device Folders from the menu.

See here for more help on Google Photos backup: https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6193313?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&hl=en

Remember to choose High Quality, not Original Quality, so that you have unlimited backup space in the cloud.

benawhile

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
No, it didn't work that way on mine, but I have cracked it now, and can see how I missed it before. The menu in the photos app doesn't have that option, "move" in menu doesn't appear until you view the actual photo you want to move, and only if it is selected via the shaded photo in the corner of the grid view.
So eg Photos app>select the shaded photo in bottom corner of the folder that reveals everything in that folder, then select an individual photo.
NB if you go Photos app, and select an individual photo straight from there, the menu only has Slideshow, Use as, Print, Delete.
You have to go via the shaded photo in bottom right corner. That's why I couldn't crack it.

I don't use any backup, except by putting on the desktp pc as soon as I can. It all sounds too complicated.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12