HCI card is what my gf has in her e4

under storage the 'move media' option is not available on her phone but it is on mine.

you can see all the stuff on her SD card just fine.

so why would it be possible not to move stuff from phone to SD card?

edit just checked mine and i have HC I as well. and i can 'move media'

additional info:

gf moved everything from the SD card to her laptop for backup. took out the SD card and put it in the phone. immediately the move media option became available. she decided to format the SD card just to be sure things were good. after formatting it, the move media was available and she moved photos from internet to SD card

however nothing else is available to move over. no apps. would it be that NO apps can be moved to the card?
    09-24-2017 03:56 PM
    Was the card formatted as Internal Storage or Portable Storage?
    09-24-2017 09:09 PM
    formatted for portable storage

so are you saying you cannot move apps if its not formatted for internal (this is different than the good ole days)

so if you do format for internal storage. can you still have pictures taken with the cam and put on the SD card and then remove that SD card to put in a computer?
    09-25-2017 11:17 AM
    The ability to "Move to SD" for an app depends on the phone -- not all phones allow this. I know there are phones that support Adoptable Storage that don't allow you to Move to SD if the card is Portable Storage, so the E4 may be one of them.

If the card is formatted as Internal Storage, it's encrypted so that only the phone that formatted it can read it. You'd have to copy photos over via USB connection, via wi-fi (using an app like AirDroid), or via uploading to the cloud through Google Photos or Google Drive (or something similar).
    09-25-2017 01:53 PM