Is 16GB enough Internal ROM if 32 GB memory card added?

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Should the 16 GB internal memory be enough for apps and such if I add a 32 GB card for media?
I know it depends on use, but can I expect functional results with normal use?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on how many apps you want to install, and how big they are. 16 GB means you only have around 11-12 GB of free storage (since the rest is taken up by the OS and bloatware). That's getting to be too little these days. Moto does allow you to format the SD card as Internal Storage, but I always caution against this, since Lenovo's implementation of Adoptable Storage seems a little buggy, based on the problems people describe in these forums. In addition, SD cards are inherently much less reliable than onboard memory, and if the card crashes, you can lose a lot of data (and also crash the system).

TheJuuj

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
It really depends on how you use your device but 16 should guarantee you a healthy set of applications and a 32 gig memory card should be decent enough for photos and light music

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can keep hundreds (thousands?) of songs on a 32GB card. Just install it as portable storage. The only reason to use adoptable storage is on a small phone, so you can install apps on the card (it becomes part of internal storage).

rlridgeway

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.
Actually I thought 16 GB would be enough for moderate use but I had not heard a definitive statement.

The only reason to use adoptable storage is on a small phone

I wondered what was considered a small phone. I also wondered if Nougat would use considerably more storage than its predecessors.
I am beginning to think the phone's memory will be fine because there has not been many complaints about it in the message boards.

mobrules

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So we bought the E4 plus version for in-laws. Both are 16gb. I put 32gb cards in both, formatted as external for music and photos. I For one of them they only have 70 apps installed and have plenty of storage left over. The other one has 83 apps installed and downloads music and lots of photos, I think over 2000 photos and over 300 songs. This one has plenty of internal storage left over also.

I'm looking to buy an e4 plus but will look for 32gb version. I usually have a few more apps, 125-150. I compare to whatever current device I have and look at how storage is used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12