Motorola E4 Plus call problem

ParadoxChils

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
During a call, the screen turns off when near my face however if the screen touches my face inputs still happen so it ends calls despite the screen being off. Is there a fix for this or is it a return the phone job? Thanks in advance.

ParadoxChils

Jan 16, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you make a call, hold your finger or hand over the proximity sensor (right near the front-facing camera) -- does the screen turn completely black, or can you see the screen faintly?

Does this also happen in Safe Mode? Using Safe Mode on the Moto E (4th Gen Plus)

I'm really sorry - I didn't know this reply came through and I forgot my login details...

The screen goes completely black. I've booted into Safe Mode, done factory resets etc but it remains a problem. Its a pain because it mutes my mic or ends the call and I have no idea it's happening as the phone screen is black.

Thanks for your help and sorry its been so long!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, try this then -- cover the proximity sensor with your hand or finger while on a call, then try tapping the screen at random -- does it register button presses even with the screen completely black?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae