During a call, the screen turns off when near my face however if the screen touches my face inputs still happen so it ends calls despite the screen being off. Is there a fix for this or is it a return the phone job? Thanks in advance.
    01-15-2018 06:10 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you make a call, hold your finger or hand over the proximity sensor (right near the front-facing camera) -- does the screen turn completely black, or can you see the screen faintly?

Does this also happen in Safe Mode? Using Safe Mode on the Moto E (4th Gen Plus)
    01-15-2018 06:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you make a call, hold your finger or hand over the proximity sensor (right near the front-facing camera) -- does the screen turn completely black, or can you see the screen faintly?

Does this also happen in Safe Mode? Using Safe Mode on the Moto E (4th Gen Plus)
    I'm really sorry - I didn't know this reply came through and I forgot my login details...

The screen goes completely black. I've booted into Safe Mode, done factory resets etc but it remains a problem. Its a pain because it mutes my mic or ends the call and I have no idea it's happening as the phone screen is black.

Thanks for your help and sorry its been so long!
    03-01-2018 05:25 PM
    Ok, try this then -- cover the proximity sensor with your hand or finger while on a call, then try tapping the screen at random -- does it register button presses even with the screen completely black?
    03-01-2018 11:49 PM
    Sir in my Moto e4 there is calling problem issue.no incoming and outgoing calls
    05-14-2018 10:59 PM