Why is my flashlight not working?

ProudAxe 4702

Jul 27, 2018
Visit site
Ok, first of all I have the Moto e⁴ MetroPCS variant, and one day I was charging my phone then I turned it on, then it suddenly it turned off. I didn't think much about until I kept tapping my flashlight icon then I was holding the back up my phone where the flashlight is and then it worked, but when I let go the the back the the phone flashlight it turned off again.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you reproduce that reliably? Does the flash work normally when you want to use it as a camera flash? Has the phone ever been dropped? It sounds like there could be a loose connection somewhere.

anon(916519)

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok, first of all I have the Moto e⁴ MetroPCS variant, and one day I was charging my phone then I turned it on, then it suddenly it turned off. I didn't think much about until I kept tapping my flashlight icon then I was holding the back up my phone where the flashlight is and then it worked, but when I let go the the back the the phone flashlight it turned off again.

My flashlight doesn't work either. Phone hasn't been dropped.

Kodak2

Jul 30, 2018
Visit site
I'm with B. Diddy on this one. If squeezing the back is the only way to get the flashlight to work then there is a very good chance that there is a faulty contact to the led. The phone repair shop is the best option.

izznevera

Mar 14, 2019
Visit site

Take the back off of your phone and use your fingernail to slightly pull the part where your is flashlight up. if its loose all you need is some super glue and Wala. Same thing happened to my phone and reading your post made me press my flashlight down to see if it would come on and once it did I immediately knew what to do. You don't have to unscrew anything nor do you have yo take it to get repaired.