How do I silence a Reminder notification from the Calendar app_Moto e4 plus.

woltonmyo

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
If I set a reminder in the Calendar app, the notification sounds, but I do not find a way to stop/silence it. I have to restart the phone to stop it. Too silly. What am I missing?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this the stock Calendar app, or the Google Calendar app? Are you saying the notification tone keeps repeating? Or did you set up a custom notification tone, with the custom tone file being a long song file?

woltonmyo

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
It is the Google Calendar app, which is the only calendar app that came with the phone. Yes, the notification tone keeps repeating, I have not set up a custom notification tone. Although...going to Settings>Calendar>Notifications, my notifications are silenced. This issue does not occur when I set a reminder in the "Event," category, only in the "Reminder," category.

woltonmyo

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
Okay, it just went off again. I have nothing in the calendar for today, so it is probably not the calendar app. There is no indication as to what it is, therefore I cannot stop it. (Other than restarting the phone.) If I slide the media volume to zero, the sound stops but the vibrating continues. Sliding the alarm and ring volume has no effect. I am in the process of setting all applications to "show silently." This is a new phenomenon, it has happened three times, twice in the last 24 hours, about two weeks since the first occurrence.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Okay, it just went off again. I have nothing in the calendar for today, so it is probably not the calendar app. There is no indication as to what it is, therefore I cannot stop it. (Other than restarting the phone.) If I slide the media volume to zero, the sound stops but the vibrating continues. Sliding the alarm and ring volume has no effect. I am in the process of setting all applications to "show silently." This is a new phenomenon, it has happened three times, twice in the last 24 hours, about two weeks since the first occurrence.
Welcome to the forums. That's weird, it's very strange that you can't stop that sound.

You could try checking the notification log just in case there's a record in there showing which app caused it. Long press an empty spot on your home screen - tap 'Widgets' - scroll down until you find 'Settings' - drag it to the screen and select 'Notification log'. Tap this new widget and see what's in that list.

Tell us how it goes.

woltonmyo

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
I have followed you instructions.
The notification went off at about 5:30 PM PST. The earliest item in the list starts at 5:40:
1. iTouch SmartWatch - 5:40 PM
2. Smartphone Link is active - 5:41 PM
3. Yahoo Mail - 5:42 PM
4. 50º null Weather Underground - 5:43 PM
5. 50º Google Weather
etc. to 6:19 PM.

Tapping on all of these shows: Sound: None, Vibrate: None.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I have followed you instructions.
The notification went off at about 5:30 PM PST. The earliest item in the list starts at 5:40:
1. iTouch SmartWatch - 5:40 PM
2. Smartphone Link is active - 5:41 PM
3. Yahoo Mail - 5:42 PM
4. 50º null Weather Underground - 5:43 PM
5. 50º Google Weather
etc. to 6:19 PM.

Tapping on all of these shows: Sound: None, Vibrate: None.
Did you restart the phone after getting that annoying notification? The notification log is reset when you power the phone off. If that's the case wait until you get the notification again and then check the log right after getting it.

woltonmyo

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
Happy New Year.

It happened again at 5:06 PM. I checked the notification log before restarting. The last logged notification before that was at 4:43 PM, from my iWatch. The first notification after that was at 5:07 PM, from Google Weather. As before, tapping on these shows: Sound: None, Vibrate: None. I let it continue for about 10 minutes as I was in the middle of something. It did not stop on its own.

woltonmyo

Dec 29, 2018
Visit site
Sorry for being away so long. It turns out the iTouch SW2 app was the culprit. I uninstalled it as the notification was happening and sweet silence followed. I reinstalled it and eventually it went off again. Now it is permanently uninstalled. The watch does what I need it to do without the app. Problem solved. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for being away so long. It turns out the iTouch SW2 app was the culprit. I uninstalled it as the notification was happening and sweet silence followed. I reinstalled it and eventually it went off again. Now it is permanently uninstalled. The watch does what I need it to do without the app. Problem solved. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help.
Excellent! Glad you managed to find the culprit and thanks for the follow up. It will be very helpful for other members with a similar problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt