com.pivotmobile.android.metrics

DonCarlos62

Jan 19, 2019
Visit site
I just reset my Motorola e4 plus,after setting up with play store & update built-in apps i found this app
In app setting it has uninstall option but i want to know is it safe to uninstall?
From where i got this lol
Is this kinda malware or something..
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance 🙏

onnad

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
Following, seen this on my phone as well. I don't have any of the apps b diddy asked about above

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For what it's worth, I recently noticed this as well on my Lenovo Tab 4 8". It was easily uninstalled, indicating that it's not a preinstalled system app. "Metrics" usually means it has to do with ad analytics, so it might have come with some app that showed ads.

Phaidra

Feb 19, 2020
Visit site
I just reset my Motorola e4 plus,after setting up with play store & update built-in apps i found this app
In app setting it has uninstall option but i want to know is it safe to uninstall?
From where i got this lol
Is this kinda malware or something..
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance 🙏

I checked this app out as I also found it recently on my phone uninvited. It is definitely for tracking ads and usage of other installed, mainly optional apps on your device. In my opinion it is also spyware but since Google supports it they have other terms for that now that don't sound so alarming. Uninstalling it won't make anything go wrong with your phone. At best the app it came with with send notifications or pop-ups saying it "needs permissions" or something of the like. I would use that to identify which app to replace. (My suggestion).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol