Motorola e4 plusnot sending premium messages that are used by some apps like banking apps.

Lalit Nihalani

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
Let me share few details that will help you understand the complete picture

- I have a Motorola e4 plus
- I recently started using a Jio sim card in it. JIO is a VOLTE service provider

Issue faced

The mobile is not sending those messages that are automatically sent by some apps. Let me take an example

I am unable to set up Google pay. When you set up Google pay it sends sms to bank server to authenticate the user. But my phone is not sending this message and hence Google pay fails the authentication

This is what I have already tried as part of my trouble shooting

- Reboot
- Clear cache
- Uninstall and reinstall Google pay

Please note that I am ABLE to send messages to individuals.

Please help

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Use the system settings search bar to look for "Premium SMS" and make sure it's turned on. Also check the settings menu for the messaging app you're using to see if there's an option for Premium SMS or short code SMS there.

If you don't see any of that, then contact your carrier and ask if they have to turn on Premium SMS on the carrier side for your account.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And check with your bank - they're notorious for having a one-person "software department", or buying software development from a 3rd party, and having software that doesn't work on all devices. (My bank's Android app crashed every time I tried to authenticate to it with a fingerprint for a long time - they finally fixed it.)

Lalit Nihalani

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
Thank you Diddy and Rukbat

I do have option called Premium SMS in Special Access within App settings but unfortunately there is nothing in it and there is a message displayed "No installed apps have requested premium sms access"

I had already tried this before the original post.

Another set of interesting fact

The SIM card (Jio) in this mobile (Motorola E4 plus), when inserted in other mobile (Samsung) works fine for Premium SMS

When some other carrie's sim card (Vodafone) inserted in this mobile Motorola E4 plus), the premium sms again works.

So basically the problem is with this combination of the sim and handset

Just cannot comprehend this. It's making me go crazy