Apps move to SD card are disabled out upon reboot

nintendo1889

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I've installed an SD card, it is encrypted, and when I install apps to SD or move them to SD, sometimes they are grayed out when the phone is rebooted. When I'm move them back to internal storage, they are then available right away.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, do you get system freezes or lag , apps crashing? I would make that portable storage I stead of adoptable so you won't run into that kind of issue.

nintendo1889

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, do you get system freezes or lag , apps crashing? I would make that portable storage I stead of adoptable so you won't run into that kind of issue.

But then I would be short on storage and have to remove alot of apps.

It's formatted as internal storage. There is some lag and random crashes too.

Should I keep updating the security updated, or will that make me lose the ability to root my phone?

I thought the setting in the screenshot was the culprit, but it wasn't.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200201-082441.png
    Screenshot_20200201-082441.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 2

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
But then I would be short on storage and have to remove alot of apps.

It's formatted as internal storage. There is some lag and random crashes too.

Should I keep updating the security updated, or will that make me lose the ability to root my phone?

I thought the setting in the screenshot was the culprit, but it wasn't.
Just keep pictures, video, documents there. SD cards have a tendency to become corrupt and not fast enough as internal storage speeds that's where issue arise. If you need lot more storage maybe look into a phone with that option otherwise you'll have to manage what you have without SD card as Internal storage.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When you format a card as Internal Storage, you're not supposed to have to worry about moving apps or data between the phone's storage and the SD card, because the card is supposed to be completely incorporated into the phone's internal storage. But I know from many posts on this forum that Moto has always had an odd implementation of Adoptable Storage that can cause problems -- e.g., I've seen posts about how the phone will say that it's running out of storage even though there's plenty of room left on the adopted SD card. The bottom line, as mustang7757 mentioned, is that Adoptable Storage is not a reliable way to expand your storage. If you want to install a lot of apps, then your best solution is to upgrade your phone to one that has at least 32 or 64 GB of internal storage. Phones like the E5 Play are not flagships, and were not intended to be workhorses -- they're budget phones for basic use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance