Why are there random screen shots of my home screen in Google photos?

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Going in to my library in Google photos, in the screen shots section, I noticed two screen shots of my home screen that were taken from various times. One was on a day I was at work, and the other was taken when I was sleeping.
There is no way I could've accidentally taken these screen shots, obviously.
Has this happened to anyone else, should I be concerned about malware?
Thanks for any help.

Note: I have the Motorola Edge 5G UW

spARTacus

Sep 9, 2018
Visit site
I don't use google photos and don't have the same phone as you, but I have not ever (yet) found a screenshot on my phone (I use the built-in Samsung gallery and camera apps) that I didn't take.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't use google photos and don't have the same phone as you, but I have not ever (yet) found a screenshot on my phone (I use the built-in Samsung gallery and camera apps) that I didn't take.

I always disabled Google photos on my previous phones. But on this phone, however, there is no native photo gallery. You are forced to use Google photos. I guess I could download a 3rd party app, but there are many reasons I don't ever want to do that.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I always disabled Google photos on my previous phones. But on this phone, however, there is no native photo gallery. You are forced to use Google photos. I guess I could download a 3rd party app, but there are many reasons I don't ever want to do that.

Some manufacturers made the decision to go with Google Photos as the stock gallery app, so that seems to be what Moto did.

If you do consider a 3rd party gallery, try Simple Gallery Pro, which is recommended by JR Raphael (who is probably the least-sponsored tech journalist around, so I can be sure he isn't just shilling for it).

GoNavy79

Oct 18, 2021
Visit site
With my s21ultra sometimes putting it into a case will activate a screenshot because the power and volume down buttons get depressed.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Yeah most of the time that's what happens we can accidentally take screenshot

If you check under "details" of a photo, you get the exact day and time it was taken. Because of this, I know exactly what I was doing when these screen shots were taken and it definitely wasn't putting my phone in a case.
I might have to call Verizon .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If you check under "details" of a photo, you get the exact day and time it was taken. Because of this, I know exactly what I was doing when these screen shots were taken and it definitely wasn't putting my phone in a case.
I might have to call Verizon .
Its tough to say , ive taken accidental screenshots before, you say thst wasn't the case in your situation , this will be very hard to determine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance