Internet & apps that use data are super slow.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I've had this phone for 6 months and it's been fine. But starting a week ago, going online or navigating apps that use data, is a slow painful process. Even though it is showing 4-5 bars and 5G, it feels like I'm using a phone in 2007.

Now, the strange thing is.. when the phone switches to "4G LTE", the internet is fast and snappy again.
Anyone know what could be going on?

*Note:
I'm using Motorola Edge 5G UW.
I came here because this is the only Motorola Edge thread available.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You already checked the download speeds for 5G in your area? It's still not great in many areas of the country. Or there might be a temporary problem with your nearby towers.

Ned Squiggly

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
You already checked the download speeds for 5G in your area? It's still not great in many areas of the country. Or there might be a temporary problem with your nearby towers.

I was thinking the same thing, so I was simply going to switch my phone to 4G. But surprisingly, this phone does not allow you to do that. There is no "preferred network" in any of the settings. There's only the option to toggle "automatically select network" on or off, which leads the phone to endlessly scan.
I think this particular model, "5G UW" was designed to be exclusive only to Verizon's new ultra-wide band.
Maybe that's why the rep was so eager to sell it to me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you get the phone directly from a carrier? Carriers sometimes meddle with the phone's settings to eliminate or hide certain options. It's annoying.:-\

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think Verizon might be one of those carriers that hides the Preferred Network Type option, at least on some phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463