Motorola Edge coming.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
You got one !
Nice congrats

Got it - can't activate it because it can't read the sim card. It is a new card I had, ordered another one to try.
Had a hard time getting the sim tray in and out. Based on past experiences, I'd say the sim tray, or receiver slot, was poorly made.

According to the Motorola site, my order hasn't been shipped yet. So far this phone rates right up there with my 3rd ex-wife.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Got it - can't activate it because it can't read the sim card. It is a new card I had, ordered another one to try.
Had a hard time getting the sim tray in and out. Based on past experiences, I'd say the sim tray, or receiver slot, was poorly made.

According to the Motorola site, my order hasn't been shipped yet. So far this phone rates right up there with my 3rd ex-wife.
Married 3 times? Well at least you didn't make the same mistake twice.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Depends if you rate your 3rd ex as the best or worst

jim5137

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I saw that - BUT - I am with Google Fi so it doesn't work for me. I make up the difference in my monthly bill.

Hello. Do you know if the edge will, in fact, activate on Fi? I was just on chat with them, and they said it's not been tested, and that even if it activated, it would not auto switch. It would default to T Mobile towers in the area, which isn't good, because U.S. Cellular is the best in my area. They also said you can't manually switch towers either, which seems wrong to me.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
Hello. Do you know if the edge will, in fact, activate on Fi? I was just on chat with them, and they said it's not been tested, and that even if it activated, it would not auto switch. It would default to T Mobile towers in the area, which isn't good, because U.S. Cellular is the best in my area. They also said you can't manually switch towers either, which seems wrong to me.

Since the edge couldn't read the sim, I couldn't activate it. I have activated and used a Note 10+, iPhone XR, One Plus 7T, and a OnePLus 8 Pro on Project Fi. All had the Blah Blah Blah disclaimer, all worked. Fi people are not going to give the OK to a brand new phone w/o some testing.
The only way to know if it will work is to try it - IMO.

I will say that the Motorola people were excellent when I talked to them about returning the phone for credit. Sent me a pre-paid return shipping label, kinda standard, and they call the next day to be sure I got it and see if I had any questions. What I did experience while setting the phone up, I liked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Artistnos