Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Latest spec leaks from GFXBenchmarks
Adreno 305 GPU
Snapdragon S4 msm8226
Will have a Google Play edition
Comes with 4.4...well the GPE does hopefully also the other versions do.
"Falcon" seems codename

gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx27&D=Motorola+XT1032&testgroup=system

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

With the way Moto has been going, I really don't see the need for a GPe version as long as the bootloader is unlocked.

Unless they're using it to get their "early" access to new Android.

Posted via Android Central App

jnrbshp

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
From Motorola's perspective maybe not, but from Google's its would be great to have a Google Play edition of a smaller, cheaper device so they could fit another segment of the market...this would also be a great way to see exactly how KitKat works on a lower spec device.

Also if this does happen to come to the play store, maybe we should start expecting an xperia z ultra gpe, based on the picture on this page...

http://www.android.com/phones-and-tablets/

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Latest spec leaks from GFXBenchmarks
Adreno 305 GPU
Snapdragon S4 msm8226
Will have a possible Google Play edition (Assumed by mentioning of "GPE)
Comes with 4.4...well the GPE does hopefully also the other versions do.
"Falcon" seems codename

Motorola XT1032 performance in GFXBench – unified graphics benchmark based on DXBenchmark (DirectX) and GLBenchmark (OpenGL ES)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

found this article and it says it may sport a fingerprint scanner. I doubt it.. Prolly an I'd for the GPU... But would be interesting
Motorola XT1032 Spotted on GFXBench Sporting a Fingerprint Scanner | Androidheadlines.com

Last edited:

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I was looking on the gfxbench leak and it looks like they were testing the phone with kitkit on October 28, 2013... that was before the unveiling of kitkit.... It would be cool if motorola also unveils on wednesday that kitkat will be pushed this or next week to the moto x....

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
I was looking on the gfxbench leak and it looks like they were testing the phone with kitkit on October 28, 2013... that was before the unveiling of kitkit.... It would be cool if motorola also unveils on wednesday that kitkat will be pushed this or next week to the moto x....

I would be cool if that was announced but we don't know if the Moto G is running the same software add-ons as the Moto X. I'm holding expectations to not anticipate 4.4 until at the earliest Xmas. Anytime before that I would be very happy.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
gsmarena_003.jpg

?160 in UK for 16GB.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
that is a good image of the G... and accurate according to the rumors... (speaker is to the left of camera) hmm... that is priced at 214.50 USD if you convert the currency... might sell for $200 unlocked in play store? That is a crazy price..

I cannot tell the version it is using in that photo, but i see the old message app instead of hangouts...

Edit: May come with 4.3 but upgraded to 4.4 soon? Could be that they are still testing kitkat for the Moto G?

Last edited:

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
that is a good image of the G... and accurate according to the rumors... (speaker is to the left of camera) hmm... that is priced at 214.50 USD if you convert the currency... might sell for $200 unlocked in play store? That is a crazy price..

I cannot tell the version it is using in that photo, but i see the old message app instead of hangouts...

Well Tesco UK Listing says it comes with 4.3.
Maybe the GPlay version wont launch alongside the retail versions and come later?

Guess we'll find out what it comes with on Wednesday but hopefully Kitkat.

Shame they couldnt put a 8mp, I think it should be standard tbh
Im not a knowledgable person on Specs, would you guys says thats "midrange'ish"?
Currently on a Gnex wanting to get something different

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Edit: May come with 4.3 but upgraded to 4.4 soon? Could be that they are still testing kitkat for the Moto G?

Would Google slot a Motorola device, even if GPe, below the Nexus 5? I'd like to see them do it but I'm not expecting it.

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Axcoridng to android central front page via German retailer.
The screen is LCD, do you think it'll still have active display?

Guessing it'll be like droid minis?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Axcoridng to android central front page via German retailer.
The screen is LCD, do you think it'll still have active display?

Guessing it'll be like droid minis?

If it has Active Display, I expect the Moto G to function like the DROID MINI.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Holo Blue clock, black notification bar, and grey buttons all suggest that this is running 4.3, not 4.4

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Holo Blue clock, black notification bar, and grey buttons all suggest that this is running 4.3, not 4.4

If you look at the gfxbench link on page 1 then you will see that they were testing 4.4 on the moto g this past 10/28/13 and tested a 4.3 version yesterday

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
If you look at the gfxbench link on page 1 then you will see that they were testing 4.4 on the moto g this past 10/28/13 and tested a 4.3 version yesterday

Very interesting...
Would be nice if it did come with 4.4.
Guess all will be revealed tomorrow...hopefully.

Restrictive

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
devices1-1200.jpg

BY3qIB8CIAAKZp8.jpg

Seen this on twitter, is that the moto g on the android.com website?
May add fuel to the chance of getting a GPlay edition,

Also dimensions and weight info
Dimensions: 129.9 ? 65.9 ? 11.6 millimeters
Weight: 143 grams