11-23-2013 01:29 PM
52 123
tools
    Just curious on your thoughts of the Moto G, and if this will be international only?

Those who hasn't caught up with the news of the Moto G you can read more about leaked specs here.

I myself like the direction Motorola as a company is taking with a good cheap affordable phone. I wouldn't be surprised if the less-spec'd Moto G ends up as battery efficient as the Moto X if not more battery efficient than the Moto X; websites has projected a 4.5 inch screen (maybe use less energy than the 4.7 Moto X screen), HSPA+ (3G), Quad-Core 1.2GHz Qualcomm SoC, and near-stock 4.3 android. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Moto G supported a removable SD card slot behind the rumored detachable back panel. Plus, the phone's rumored $180 USD off-contract price might tempt a lot of people. As a Moto X owner and fan, I am definitely going to watch the November 13th unveiling even though this phone may be sold internationally only. After all, this is the first phone since Google has bought Motorola that they have invited the public to witness. Not only can this redefine the international/domestic market, but it could redefine Motorola as a company. This event may very well effect next-year's Motorola's Moto X2 release.
    11-07-2013 03:22 PM
    I have never seen anything wrong with releasing a lower spec phone to help save people money. However, people need to realize that lower spec phones are just that. You can't buy, say a Samsung Galaxy Y and expect it to perform as well as the S4.
    ultravisitor likes this.
    11-07-2013 03:26 PM
    I have never seen anything wrong with releasing a lower spec phone to help save people money. However, people need to realize that lower spec phones are just that. You can't buy, say a Samsung Galaxy Y and expect it to perform as well as the S4.
    That is true, but the Moto X did prove that it is a snappy phone that can handle games and multi-tasking great with innovative functions and great battery life. It would blow me away if they can give me these experiences, but cheaper on lesser specs. Creativity could also come into play with the detachable backs as well... we could very well be redefining the existence of no phone case, but admiring the true beauty and feel of the phone.
    11-07-2013 03:35 PM
    But but but but.. the Moto X has "2012" tech. lol.

Moto X performs - in real world situations - just as good as any 2013 flagship.
    11-07-2013 03:39 PM
    Just curious on your thoughts of the Moto G, and if this will be international only?

Those who hasn't caught up with the news of the Moto G you can read more about leaked specs here.

I myself like the direction Motorola as a company is taking with a good cheap affordable phone. I wouldn't be surprised if the less-spec'd Moto G ends up as battery efficient as the Moto X if not more battery efficient than the Moto X; websites has projected a 4.5 inch screen (maybe use less energy than the 4.7 Moto X screen), HSPA+ (3G), Quad-Core 1.2GHz Qualcomm SoC, and near-stock 4.3 android. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Moto G supported a removable SD card slot behind the rumored detachable back panel. Plus, the phone's rumored $180 USD off-contract price might tempt a lot of people. As a Moto X owner and fan, I am definitely going to watch the November 13th unveiling even though this phone may be sold internationally only. After all, this is the first phone since Google has bought Motorola that they have invited the public to witness. Not only can this redefine the international/domestic market, but it could redefine Motorola as a company. This event may very well effect next-year's Motorola's Moto X2 release.
    I fully expect the Moto G to launch in Latin American markets initially.

4.5 edge-to-edge would be amazing. I'm not sure if it'll have an X8-like system on board though so things like "Touchless Control" and the camera gesture may not make it over. I'm hoping it's an AMOLED screen to help with Active Notifications though.
    11-07-2013 03:48 PM

True but they also priced it the same as other 2013 flagships. If this phone is priced any lower than the Nexus 5 I don't think it will to perform anywhere near as well as the Moto X
    11-07-2013 07:24 PM
    True but they also priced it the same as other 2013 flagships. If this phone is priced any lower than the Nexus 5 I don't think it will to perform anywhere near as well as the Moto X
    that was a sarcasm... it is not a 2012 tech.. too bad you never understood how moto X works
    Ry likes this.
    11-07-2013 08:22 PM
    that was a sarcasm... it is not a 2012 tech.. too bad you never understood how moto X works
    It wasn't sarcasm, it does have 2012 tech. That's not to say it doesn't perform well. I've tried it out a few times at a local AT&T store and it performs amazingly well. Better than most phones actually, but it still a Snapdragon S4 processor, which was made in 2012
    I actually really like the Moto X and understand very well how it works but the Moto G isn't aimed at the people who want a flawless OS that runs as smoothly as a flagship. Hence it's budget pricing, it probably won't perform as badly as some of the other low-end phones but it certainly won't perform as well as the higher end ones either...
    11-07-2013 08:32 PM
    It wasn't sarcasm, it does have 2012 tech. That's not to say it doesn't perform well. I've tried it out a few times at a local AT&T store and it performs amazingly well. Better than most phones actually, but it still a Snapdragon S4 processor, which was made in 2012
    Oh boy, here we go

Sent from my Nexus 7
    TheLibertarian likes this.
    11-07-2013 08:44 PM
    Oh boy, here we go

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Why? The S4 processor was made in 2012
    11-07-2013 09:02 PM

Look at what you started. :-(
    11-07-2013 09:05 PM
    Edited my post
    Sorry
    11-07-2013 09:13 PM
    If the Moto G had been launched alongside the X (and was made available on Ting), I probably would have gone for the G (barring bad reviews, of course). I'm not a power user and I paid a lot more for the X than I wanted to.
    11-07-2013 09:42 PM
    Oops.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-07-2013 10:18 PM
    If the Moto G had been launched alongside the X (and was made available on Ting), I probably would have gone for the G (barring bad reviews, of course). I'm not a power user and I paid a lot more for the X than I wanted to.
    even if it was missing some of the X's features?

11-07-2013 10:19 PM
    Moto G likely won't see any US carriers...South America, UK, Europe and possibly Asia.
    Ry likes this.
    11-07-2013 10:21 PM
    even if it was missing some of the X's features?

Depends on the features, of course. I could live without "OK Google Now" and the wrist-twist to turn on the camera, for instance.
    11-08-2013 09:01 PM
    I fully expect the Moto G to launch in Latin American markets initially.

4.5 edge-to-edge would be amazing. I'm not sure if it'll have an X8-like system on board though so things like "Touchless Control" and the camera gesture may not make it over. I'm hoping it's an AMOLED screen to help with Active Notifications though.
    I think you're correct about the Latin America market. It looks like Sao Paulo is going to be the site of the big shindig.
    11-10-2013 06:58 AM
    I think you're correct about the Latin America market. It looks like Sao Paulo is going to be the site of the big shindig.
    https://plus.google.com/events/cn2m1...3rrkf00ebico1o
    11-10-2013 10:36 AM
    Latest spec leaks from GFXBenchmarks
    Adreno 305 GPU
    Snapdragon S4 msm8226
    Will have a possible Google Play edition (Assumed by mentioning of "GPE)
    Comes with 4.4...well the GPE does hopefully also the other versions do.
    "Falcon" seems codename

http://www.gfxbench.com/device.jsp?b...stgroup=system

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    11-10-2013 12:08 PM
    Adreno 305 GPU
    Snapdragon S4 msm8226
    Will have a Google Play edition
    "Falcon" seems codename

gfxbench.com/device.jsp?benchmark=gfx27&D=Motorola+XT1032&testgroup=system

With the way Moto has been going, I really don't see the need for a GPe version as long as the bootloader is unlocked.

Unless they're using it to get their "early" access to new Android.

11-10-2013 12:18 PM
    From Motorola's perspective maybe not, but from Google's its would be great to have a Google Play edition of a smaller, cheaper device so they could fit another segment of the market...this would also be a great way to see exactly how KitKat works on a lower spec device.

Also if this does happen to come to the play store, maybe we should start expecting an xperia z ultra gpe, based on the picture on this page...

http://www.android.com/phones-and-tablets/

11-10-2013 03:47 PM
    Adreno 305 GPU
    Snapdragon S4 msm8226
    "Falcon" seems codename

Motorola XT1032 performance in GFXBench – unified graphics benchmark based on DXBenchmark (DirectX) and GLBenchmark (OpenGL ES)

4.4 already? thats pretty fast....
    11-10-2013 06:16 PM
    Adreno 305 GPU
    Snapdragon S4 msm8226
    "Falcon" seems codename

Motorola XT1032 performance in GFXBench – unified graphics benchmark based on DXBenchmark (DirectX) and GLBenchmark (OpenGL ES)

found this article and it says it may sport a fingerprint scanner. I doubt it.. Prolly an I'd for the GPU... But would be interesting
    Motorola XT1032 Spotted on GFXBench Sporting a Fingerprint Scanner | Androidheadlines.com
    11-10-2013 06:43 PM
    I was looking on the gfxbench leak and it looks like they were testing the phone with kitkit on October 28, 2013... that was before the unveiling of kitkit.... It would be cool if motorola also unveils on wednesday that kitkat will be pushed this or next week to the moto x....
    11-10-2013 07:17 PM
52 123