Moto G, International Bandwagon?

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Just curious on your thoughts of the Moto G, and if this will be international only?

Those who hasn't caught up with the news of the Moto G you can read more about leaked specs here.

I myself like the direction Motorola as a company is taking with a good cheap affordable phone. I wouldn't be surprised if the less-spec'd Moto G ends up as battery efficient as the Moto X if not more battery efficient than the Moto X; websites has projected a 4.5 inch screen (maybe use less energy than the 4.7 Moto X screen), HSPA+ (3G), Quad-Core 1.2GHz Qualcomm SoC, and near-stock 4.3 android. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Moto G supported a removable SD card slot behind the rumored detachable back panel. Plus, the phone's rumored $180 USD off-contract price might tempt a lot of people. As a Moto X owner and fan, I am definitely going to watch the November 13th unveiling even though this phone may be sold internationally only. After all, this is the first phone since Google has bought Motorola that they have invited the public to witness. Not only can this redefine the international/domestic market, but it could redefine Motorola as a company. This event may very well effect next-year's Motorola's Moto X2 release.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have never seen anything wrong with releasing a lower spec phone to help save people money. However, people need to realize that lower spec phones are just that. You can't buy, say a Samsung Galaxy Y and expect it to perform as well as the S4.

globster2000

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have never seen anything wrong with releasing a lower spec phone to help save people money. However, people need to realize that lower spec phones are just that. You can't buy, say a Samsung Galaxy Y and expect it to perform as well as the S4.

That is true, but the Moto X did prove that it is a snappy phone that can handle games and multi-tasking great with innovative functions and great battery life. It would blow me away if they can give me these experiences, but cheaper on lesser specs. Creativity could also come into play with the detachable backs as well... we could very well be redefining the existence of no phone case, but admiring the true beauty and feel of the phone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

But but but but.. the Moto X has "2012" tech. lol.

Moto X performs - in real world situations - just as good as any 2013 flagship.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just curious on your thoughts of the Moto G, and if this will be international only?

Those who hasn't caught up with the news of the Moto G you can read more about leaked specs here.

I myself like the direction Motorola as a company is taking with a good cheap affordable phone. I wouldn't be surprised if the less-spec'd Moto G ends up as battery efficient as the Moto X if not more battery efficient than the Moto X; websites has projected a 4.5 inch screen (maybe use less energy than the 4.7 Moto X screen), HSPA+ (3G), Quad-Core 1.2GHz Qualcomm SoC, and near-stock 4.3 android. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Moto G supported a removable SD card slot behind the rumored detachable back panel. Plus, the phone's rumored $180 USD off-contract price might tempt a lot of people. As a Moto X owner and fan, I am definitely going to watch the November 13th unveiling even though this phone may be sold internationally only. After all, this is the first phone since Google has bought Motorola that they have invited the public to witness. Not only can this redefine the international/domestic market, but it could redefine Motorola as a company. This event may very well effect next-year's Motorola's Moto X2 release.

I fully expect the Moto G to launch in Latin American markets initially.

4.5 edge-to-edge would be amazing. I'm not sure if it'll have an X8-like system on board though so things like "Touchless Control" and the camera gesture may not make it over. I'm hoping it's an AMOLED screen to help with Active Notifications though.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
But but but but.. the Moto X has "2012" tech. lol.

Moto X performs - in real world situations - just as good as any 2013 flagship.
True but they also priced it the same as other 2013 flagships. If this phone is priced any lower than the Nexus 5 I don't think it will to perform anywhere near as well as the Moto X

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
True but they also priced it the same as other 2013 flagships. If this phone is priced any lower than the Nexus 5 I don't think it will to perform anywhere near as well as the Moto X
that was a sarcasm... it is not a 2012 tech.. too bad you never understood how moto X works

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
that was a sarcasm... it is not a 2012 tech.. too bad you never understood how moto X works
It wasn't sarcasm, it does have 2012 tech. That's not to say it doesn't perform well. I've tried it out a few times at a local AT&T store and it performs amazingly well. Better than most phones actually, but it still a Snapdragon S4 processor, which was made in 2012 :p
I actually really like the Moto X and understand very well how it works but the Moto G isn't aimed at the people who want a flawless OS that runs as smoothly as a flagship. Hence it's budget pricing, it probably won't perform as badly as some of the other low-end phones but it certainly won't perform as well as the higher end ones either...

grooks

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't sarcasm, it does have 2012 tech. That's not to say it doesn't perform well. I've tried it out a few times at a local AT&T store and it performs amazingly well. Better than most phones actually, but it still a Snapdragon S4 processor, which was made in 2012 :p
Oh boy, here we go

Sent from my Nexus 7

Jay Gloab

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
If the Moto G had been launched alongside the X (and was made available on Ting), I probably would have gone for the G (barring bad reviews, of course). I'm not a power user and I paid a lot more for the X than I wanted to.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
If the Moto G had been launched alongside the X (and was made available on Ting), I probably would have gone for the G (barring bad reviews, of course). I'm not a power user and I paid a lot more for the X than I wanted to.

even if it was missing some of the X's features?

Posted via Android Central App

fldude99

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I fully expect the Moto G to launch in Latin American markets initially.

4.5 edge-to-edge would be amazing. I'm not sure if it'll have an X8-like system on board though so things like "Touchless Control" and the camera gesture may not make it over. I'm hoping it's an AMOLED screen to help with Active Notifications though.

I think you're correct about the Latin America market. It looks like Sao Paulo is going to be the site of the big shindig.