06-28-2014 03:12 PM
200 ... 678
tools
    Can I use the Moto G in Japan with NTT Docomo or Softbank? Thanks in advance =)
    02-02-2014 04:46 PM
    I'm still not sure, but after doing more research on Battery University website, I have concluded that there may in fact be some additional degradation (beyond normal reduction with time) in long-term battery capacity by using a 2A charger with the Moto G.

Please see this post for my logic and references:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...ge-fast-2.html

CORRECTION AND UPDATE:
    But here is an update since I first added the above post. (This correction is now added to the above post but repeated here for consistency.)

I have more authoritative information directly from Battery University that changes the conclusion I drew based on my effort to extrapolate from the Battery University 'Fast and Ultra-Fast Chargers' website article.

The extrapolation I did was based on the additional loss of battery capacity cited when going from a 1C to 2C charging rate. But according to direct communication from Battery University, when charging at a rate below .7C there should be no measurable improvement to long-term capacity by using slower charging rates. Charging above .7C would still be expected to add more stress to Lithium Ion Polymer batteries and likely add to long-term reduction of capacity.

So, what this means for the Moto G and Nexus 5 is that there should be no measurable difference between charging with 2A, 1.2A, 1A, or 850mA chargers as far as effect on long-term battery capacity goes. Both the Moto G and Nexus 5 are supposed to automatically restrict the charge rate at 1500mA even when using a faster charger, which is just at or below .7C for both phones. So, as long as the charger dependably keeps to 5V, a higher amperage 2A charger will be faster but pose no problem to long-term capacity.
    Hey Matt,

1. So can an Apple usb wall charger be used for Moto G?
    The apple charger output is 5.1V and 2.1Amp .

2. I have read everywhere that Moto G can draw upto 1.5Amp. Even if you use a 2amp charger, the phone's software will draw only as much as its required (which is 1.5 in this case) and it wont harm the phone.
    The question is - When the phone is switched off and the software is not running, can we still use a 2amp charger? How will the phone then be able to regulate how much amps to take in, bcos the software is switched off.

Request everyone to share knowledge on this, especially Point 2.

Thank you
    02-03-2014 03:15 PM
    Hey Matt,

2. I have read everywhere that Moto G can draw upto 1.5Amp. Even if you use a 2amp charger, the phone's software will draw only as much as its required (which is 1.5 in this case) and it wont harm the phone.
    The question is - When the phone is switched off and the software is not running, can we still use a 2amp charger? How will the phone then be able to regulate how much amps to take in, bcos the software is switched off.

Thank you
    When you plug in the charger, the phone turns on, even if it's off before you plug it in.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Matt,

Thank you
    When you plug in the charger, the phone turns on, even if it's off before you plug it in.
    02-04-2014 01:10 AM
    Unable to choose 3G as preferred network. Pls guide

Posted via Android Central App
    02-16-2014 04:32 AM
    hey matt
    does moto g have vedeo calling facility.........?
    if yes then please say me that its clarity is good or not...because i have already oderd my nexsus moto g...so please help me..
    rply soon........and thanx in advance
    02-25-2014 04:56 AM
    how much memory is available for apps ? ....
    02-25-2014 01:24 PM
    Unable to choose 3G as preferred network. Pls guide

I seem to remember anoth thread here about this problem. The solution was to factory default it..
    02-25-2014 07:10 PM
    how much memory is available for apps ? ....
    All the free internal storage barring that set aside for the OS ( which takes circa 3.12GB) is available for mixed use - Apps, Media, Docs, Photos etc. So you'll get circa 12.92GB in the 16GB version, or 4.92GB in the 8GB version.

RAM wise the OS seems to use about 300MB, with the rest of the 1GB being used for running apps (including System Apps).
    02-26-2014 12:57 AM
    i am trying to upload a photo for the contact,either from camera or from the photo gallery,every time I am getting a message "unable to save photo edits".
    03-06-2014 08:18 AM
    I recently bought Moto G (GPE) from US. There is a very small dot (almost the size of a pixel) on the right side of the black space just above the screen. It is not on the screen but on the upper black area and light comes out of it when the screen is turned on. Also its brightness varies with that of the screen. It is only visible when the screen is on and you look really closely. Has anyone else had such an experience? or is this a fault and I should return the device?
    03-09-2014 11:36 PM
    Attachment 91541

We came away from the Moto G event today with devices in hand. If you've got questions about Moto's new affordable version of the Moto X, here's the place to ask them.

Go!
    I have not been able to find moto care or the app to install it. What did I miss ? I have a moto g.
    03-10-2014 07:10 PM
    I have had my Moto G for less than a week now. I've yet to get the 4.4.2 update though. I have the 16GB US edition, purchased from Amazon. Any ideas on how to get it?
    Thanks.
    Ry likes this.
    03-12-2014 05:32 PM
    I have had my Moto G for less than a week now. I've yet to get the 4.4.2 update though. I have the 16GB US edition, purchased from Amazon. Any ideas on how to get it?
    Thanks.
    Have you tried manually checking?
    03-12-2014 06:03 PM
    Have you tried manually checking?
    No, I'm not sure how. Would I go to settings and click on my version number under about phone?
    03-12-2014 08:22 PM
    No, I'm not sure how. Would I go to settings and click on my version number under about phone?
    Should be Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for System Updates.
    ValerieAnne likes this.
    03-12-2014 08:38 PM
    Should be Settings > About Phone > System Updates > Check for System Updates.
    Thanks so much! The battery drain is insane now though (After update) any way to fix it? Before update I had 80% of battery left, after update 37%.
    03-13-2014 01:15 AM
    Thanks so much! The battery drain is insane now though (After update) any way to fix it? Before update I had 80% of battery left, after update 37%.
    Try to clear partition cache
    You can google to know how, its pretty simple

ValerieAnne likes this.
    03-13-2014 05:54 AM
    Try to clear partition cache
    You can google to know how, its pretty simple

Thanks. I went ahead and did that last night and it's seemed to stabilized.
    03-13-2014 11:03 AM
    can someone help me,i have moto g (16gb).I trasnfered my playlist from my old nokia phone to my new phone ,now whenever i play the songs(i use power amp player) the pics in album art displayed are pics from my gallery.So if iam listening to eminem the album art displays garfield ...:/.please help......
    03-16-2014 01:47 AM
    I cleared the system cache and the standby battery drain was cut to about a fourth. With minimal calling and no wifi, I can probably go 4 days on a charge now. Kit Kat.
    03-16-2014 09:21 AM
    I cleared the system cache and the standby battery drain was cut to about a fourth. With minimal calling and no wifi, I can probably go 4 days on a charge now. Kit Kat.
    Thats nice to hear people loving this little phone battery

03-16-2014 05:24 PM
    It fills better than the moto x to me and has a premium fill to it to. I do use on a daily basis and it great!!!

03-30-2014 09:02 PM
    Anyone else having the font rendering glitch on Moto G?? Please refer to my post a few weeks back to understand what I mean....
    04-15-2014 04:58 AM
    HERE...CHECK OUT THE SCREENSHOTS FROM MOTO G: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=365512
    04-15-2014 05:01 AM
    i need to change the moto g software into greek and doesnt have greek what can i do
    06-28-2014 03:12 PM
200 ... 678