Any Moto G purchased from motorola ship?

D-Caf

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
What color did you get? I was thinking about the "Royal Blue", but after looking for more photos I realized that it was actually just royal blue, and not the neat dark teal-ish color Moto's pics made it look like.

Got the "Cheery" which looks redish, and on the box it came in says red. What the color is closest to is a light shade of pepto-bismol. And not in a good way, think ugly pink.

adr551

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
My 16GB US model just came while I was home for lunch. I ordered from Moto on 12/6, got the email the other night saying it should be shipped by 12/17, but never got a shipping notification.

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I place an order on 12/9/13 for two Moto Gs. Christmas presents for the kids. Email confirmation told me that they would ship the week of 12/9/13. With two day delivery, they should be here in plenty of time for Christmas.

I received an email on 12/11/13 regarding the weather, but:
"We sincerely apologize for the delay and want you to know that your Moto G will ship by December 14th via a free upgrade to overnight delivery"
Still should have them well before Christmas.

They still have not charged me, so I called Motorola tonight and after being on hold for half an hour, I was told that it might ship on 12/16 or 12/17 with an expected delivery date of 12/20/13. That is cutting it a little close.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jonnie_Cat

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I was charged on the 11th, but haven't received a shipping notification yet. Of course, I also have a case sitting here with a status of "not yet shipped", so who knows what's going on.

Greg Voelker

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
I got a shipping notification email from Motorola earlier today, about 2 hours before the phone arrived. The email said it shipped via 2 business day delivery, but when I tracked the package, it showed it shipped yesterday, and was on the truck for delivery, so clearly it shipped via overnight as they promised.

Motorola.com shows it as shipped and also provides the tracking number.

wflores22

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
I finally received my Moto G(US GSM) earlier today after being shipped overnight. I have been testing it out for a few hours now so far I am very happy with it's build quality and performance. I did not have a Sim card for it so I took out my Nokia E71 Sim card I have with ST and cut it down. I was able to immediately get it working and just had to create the APN settings for Internet access. Love the phone so far, my son is also impressed with the phone and he uses an Iphone 5. From what I was reading, I thought the phone would be a little heavier and bulkier but it's size is perfect for my needs.

kernmal

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Received an email from Motorola today that mine has shipped. Checkednthe tracking and scheduled for Monday delivery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Jonnie_Cat

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I just called Motorola and asked for an update. I was told it "might ship this week", which is kind of crappy when you consider they charged me for the phone last Wednesday.

t1234

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I just called Motorola and asked for an update. I was told it "might ship this week", which is kind of crappy when you consider they charged me for the phone last Wednesday.

Their e-commerce site sucks, I ordered Nov 26th, about 30 minutes after they went live. They charged my CC IMMEDIATELY, even though I only got the device last Saturday.

So I called to complain and supervisor told me they would ship me a free shell once stock available. Got her name and case ID number so will definitely be calling back next month to chase after the shell!

seanpr

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine last night, finally. I never got a shipping email from Motorola.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

H Class

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
So my Moto G came today. Never got an email from Motorola giving the tracking info but it appears they did overnight it yesterday as the previous email indicated.

All in all I'm happy with the phone so far. It performs way better than I expected. I just hope Motorola improves their customer service process.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the G for a gift for my son, to replace his aging iPhone 3gs. Ordered it late Wednesday night and it just arrived. Fed Ex box looks like it was run over by a truck! Both airbags in side were popped and phone box was just sliding all over in side the huge fed ex box.

Phone powered right up and appears OK. Will have to wait until Christmas to get to play with it. Haha

Posted via Android Central App

Zapped

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I posted last week in this thread about the email I received that said my phones would ship on the 17th. They came yesterday (Wed 12/18) without any further email or tracking number provided in advance. Both phones seem to work fine. They remind me of my Nexus 4 but peppier. I have a Nexus 5 as well & even though both of these phones are intended as a gift, I honestly think the Moto G would fit better in my pocket.

GadgetGator

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Weird how uneven the process is. I ordered a Moto G for my partner last night and got the email today it's shipped and I should have on Monday in time for Christmas. I had super fast ordering and shipping for my Moto X as well this week. In fact I'm typing on it now! So for me at least the customer service and response time has been really good.

EDIT: Even better...even though it was scheduled for delivery on Monday, it came early! Got it Saturday! So both the Moto G and Moto X phones I ordered from Motorola on separate dates arrived early. Nice.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX