I am new to the world of smartphones but I've just bought a motorola moto g. A SIM card is on its way but has not yet arrived. Nonetheless I decided to explore the Bluetooth pairing and tried to pair it with my Radiosat car radio. They seemed to recognise each other and paired successfully but when I tried to play a tune from the phone through the radio the latter locked up. I turned it off and then it refused to turn on again. The fuse was OK but I had to remove it to check that it hadn't blown. Eventually we took it to the garage and the man reset it by taking the radio out of the dashboard and physically detaching it from the car. My question is - does anyone know why the moto g killed the radio and how can I avoid this in the future?

Thanks in anticipation.
    12-12-2013 05:34 AM
    I dont think it's possible to electrically shutdown your car radio via a Bluetooth connection. Were you using Google play music? I think you might have just had horrible timing and hour stereo decided to quit on you at that moment.

Either way, try pairing with another device, preferably one that isn't very important, and see how that goes. If it messes something up, Motorola should be liable for damages.

Maybe even record the incident if you know you can reproduce it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
    12-12-2013 06:16 AM
    Thanks for the prompt response. I was using Google Play Music but there may be another way of playing tunes via Bluetooth - I am a novice! The mechanic brought the radio back to life and then repeated the performance - with the same results so it looks like it is the phone and not a coincidence. I'll wait for the new SIM card and then try again. If it happens again I'll report it to Motorola. I'd welcome any other ideas you might have.
    12-12-2013 11:48 AM
    Thanks for the prompt response. I was using Google Play Music but there may be another way of playing tunes via Bluetooth - I am a novice! The mechanic brought the radio back to life and then repeated the performance - with the same results so it looks like it is the phone and not a coincidence. I'll wait for the new SIM card and then try again. If it happens again I'll report it to Motorola. I'd welcome any other ideas you might have.
    Do you have another gadget to try pairing with your radio to see if it the radio that at fault. IE a bluetooth head set or another thing like an iPod. I have no problem with pairing and using my in ear headphone with this phone
    12-15-2013 11:02 AM
    Hi julianatlemagnoux,

I double MotoClive - Can you test the car kit with some other smartphone and see whether the same issue is seen?
    As well, which Car/Year/Model is it, was it preinstalled or did you buy it afterwards?

Cheers,
    Nicole
    12-17-2013 09:56 AM
    Thanks for the various suggestions. I've tried pairing it with my wife's Blackberry Playbook and they successfully paired but it still doesn't respond to streaming music to the Playbook. It was only after I tried this that she told me her phone won't do it either. I know we had trouble pairing her S3 mini to the car radio but managed it successfully so I think the radio is OK. It is a Radiosat in a Renault Kangoo which is 3 years old. Part of the trouble is that there are no instructions to tell you how to stream music once it is paired. I assume that the Play Music app does it for you but this is only intuition in the absence of proper instruction. I've now run out of Bluetooth devices to try it on and I don't want to experiment with someone else's radio. I would appreciate it if someone were to confirm (or otherwise) that the Play Music app is the way to go.
    12-18-2013 12:35 PM