Newbie to both Android and Motorola....the G is my very first after years with iPhone.

I know Moto X has voice activation and did a search for G....found one site that says it works Motorola Moto G: The Best Budget Smartphone for Business?

But doesn't seem to work? Am I missing something. Be gentle, thanks
    12-18-2013 03:02 PM
    Newbie to both Android and Motorola....the G is my very first after years with iPhone.

I know Moto X has voice activation and did a search for G....found one site that says it works Motorola Moto G: The Best Budget Smartphone for Business?

Moto G don't have that feature. that article is wrong Motorola unveils the Moto G, its new colorful and affordable Android phone (hands-on)

you could install google Home and will have always on voice when u r on the home screen
    12-18-2013 03:27 PM

This article is false, voice controls are not available like they are on the Moto X.

There is a way to get voice control to work like it does on the Nexus 5, but its a little tricky. If you are tech savvy you can figure this out.

As you may or may not know, you can install different Launchers on your device. Each "Launcher" offers unique features and look to your home screen. Here are a few examples to look at:

Nova Launcher
    Apex Launcher

There is a Google launcher, that was introduced with the nexus 5, that has a few names. Some call it GEL (google experience launcher) or the "Home" launcher. This launcher has the ability, when you are on the home screen to say, "ok google" and run a search. It will not run the search if the phone is not awake or locked, it needs to be on the home screen.

here is an article to get it installed.

How to Install and Use the Google Experience Launcher on Any Android Device

Please install at your own risk, its not from the google play store. But I have this installed on my Moto G and so does my little brother.
    12-18-2013 03:30 PM
    Thanks for everyone's comments and assistance. I found voice search and moved to my opening screen. It's a slow start. Will look at the suggested launchers also.
    12-19-2013 08:32 AM