So I've just got my Moto G, and I'm very happy with it, I'm just a little disappointed with the camera quality - I'm not expecting it to be as good as my iPhone I just thought it would be a little better. So I was just wondering, do you think there will be any camera improvements when kitkat becomes available in my country? (I've heard about this happening before where an update improves the camera)
    12-23-2013 07:08 AM
    Welcome to the forums.

There's always hope that an update will cure what ails but who knows?
    12-23-2013 07:10 AM
    It will allow you to manually set the exposure so that could help with low light situations

Sent from my super awesome moto g.
    12-23-2013 08:13 AM
    The main reason the iPhone cameras have been so good is the hardware they use, Apple uses high quality sensors and lenses...but then you have to pay for it ?
    KitKat might bring a few small changes to the camera, but I doubt you'll notice much in image quality.
    Cameras inside phones will continue to get better, but the cheapest compact will always give you a higher quality image than the most expensive mobile at the moment. You just have to learn what your mobile phone camera can and can't do and work within it's limitations.
    Here's a link comparing sensor sizes of the iPhone 5, a cheap 40 Nikon Compact (L26) and a full frame Nikon dslr (D4) and that's before you even get onto lenses...
    Sensor Size Comparison
    12-23-2013 11:35 AM
    Try using a different camera app.
    The main reason the iPhone cameras have been so good is the hardware they use, Apple uses high quality sensors and lenses...but then you have to pay for it ?
    I think software and digital processing have more to do with it, considering it's Sony that supply the sensor to various manufacturers including Apple and Samsung, yet Sony couldn't get their own phone to take as nice photos.
    12-23-2013 11:58 AM
    Try using a different camera app.
    What camera app do you recommend. Is there a low-maintenance camera app that'll produce better pics than stock?
    12-24-2013 04:30 AM
    What camera app do you recommend. Is there a low-maintenance camera app that'll produce better pics than stock?
    VSCO Cam does a decent job, it's a filter app like Instagram, the camera function is mostly just click and shoot, and you have to tap to focus. But I find it to outperform stock camera. It focus faster with better success rate, and with faster shutter speed so there is no wait between shots.
    clankfu likes this.
    12-24-2013 07:47 AM
    KitKat itself did not update the camera, Motorola already released an update for the camera to the Play Store.

Posted via Android Central App
    12-24-2013 11:38 AM