Installation APK.

Kuba Bogucki

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello guys, at start I must apologize for my bad english, but i'm from Polish. So my prob is installation xxx.apk games and applications, i can't do it, because I get error, anyway i got cure for this, google disk, but it doesn't work 100%. I install amazon appstore with googledisk. Next day I bought 3 games and I try to install it, but i can't, because i have too same error like a in installation without google disk, what I can do with this prob? Can I install my games from amazon appstore? Again, sorry for my bad english, and merry christmas.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings/Security, and make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
APK files don't necessarily work on all devices. The app might not be compatible, the file might be corrupt, or it might be malware. If you can find the app on Amazon Appstore or Google Play, I highly recommend you install it from there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Where are you getting the Amazon Appstore apk file? Is it from here? Amazon.com/amazonappstoreapp

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And you're unable to install the Appstore using the apk, or is it that none of the apps you buy from Amazon will install?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I try this but this option doesn't give anything :| doesn't work.

Backing up a bit--what did you mean by this, that the option didn't give anything? Are you saying Unknown Sources is checked, and it still doesn't work?

Also, I'm not familiar with "Google disk." What is that for?

Kuba Bogucki

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
When I check unknown sources I have too same error - Error while parsing the package 'when I uncheck this. Google Disk is "cloud" disk, I can put here photos, applications and other. So when I install amazon appstore from google disk it work, but anyway I can't download games from amazon appstore, because I got error - Error while parsing the package :|, I think u understand me a little, if not say it I will use translate.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
When I check unknown sources I have too same error - Error while parsing the package 'when I uncheck this

So is the check on or is the check off? Or does the same problem occur either way?

By the way, it's called "Google Drive," just so you don't cause any confusion in the future.

Sometimes, Google's built-in malware scanner can cause problems. I have had the experience where I tried to install an app from Amazon Appstore, and selected for Google to verify the app--this would then lead to an error. It's possible that you selected this option before, and made it the default, and now it's interfering with installation of apps from Amazon. Try going to Settings>Apps, tap Menu, then tap Reset App Preferences (it might be in a different location depending on the device). Then try installing again.

Kuba Bogucki

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Is check. I reset app preferences, but it don't give anything I have to same error, when I try download game from amazon appstore ''Error while parsing the package''

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
The parsing error is discussed elsewhere in this forum along with a variety of solutions that worked for some. I had to do 3 factory resets and finally turned off two of the settings during the initial wizard that happens when you use the phone for the first time (options discussed in the thread I refer to). Then I had to turn off verify apps in settings then turn on allow installation from unknown sources. If I didn't do it in that order it wouldn't work. Some others have found that a factory reset is enough to fix the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I tried factory reset, but it don't work :/

Have you found the other thread that I refer to and have you followed all the recommendations in there? There is no solution that works for everyone. A factory reset did not work for me either and that is why I provided the additional steps that DID work for ME but you may have to do something slightly different.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings/Security, and make sure "Unknown Sources" is checked.

I try all, just google drive work, but anyway I can't download games from amazon appstore.

this issue is a know issue with Moto G.. apk install throws Parse error and has been discussed here before

Google search the issue, xda might have solution for this. Also, KitKat might have fixed the issue already

http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-g/334626-problem-parsing-package-moto-g.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol