05-14-2014 07:27 AM
53 123
tools
    Ref. my post at 14# You've had no problems with taking pics then?
    Also, I've noticed twice now that when I try to write out a text through Textra, the whole text box will flash intermittently and very fast. Tapping the screen makes no difference, nor going out of / returning to try again. I had no problems at all until the update

As my daughter only bought the phone in November, do you know where would I stand warranty wise if things get worse?

Thanks
    Try uninstalling and then reinstalling Textra. I've found that helps me with the eBay app that I've had problems with. But remember to clear the cache and data before uninstalling (might wipe out your texts so back those up first).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-12-2014 01:22 PM
    Thanks, I've done that and I'll see how I get on.
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    01-12-2014 02:06 PM
    Mrs Mumbles

The problem is still the same. It's that ruddy update I'm sure
    01-12-2014 05:12 PM
    Mrs Mumbles

The problem is still the same. It's that ruddy update I'm sure
    Sorry to hear it. Maybe switch to Hello or Chomp or another one?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    01-12-2014 05:31 PM
    I also haven't had the UK Kitkat upgrade yet. I'm on the 3 network. The name of this carrier at least doesn't take up much room on the status bar.
    01-13-2014 06:00 AM
    Moto G unlocked from Phoen4You and no update yet :-(
    01-13-2014 06:01 AM
    Anyone on KitKat been able to test the feature where if a business calls you and they are not in in the phonebook, KitKat tries to put a name to the unknown number?
    01-13-2014 06:24 AM
    I also haven't had the UK Kitkat upgrade yet. I'm on the 3 network. The name of this carrier at least doesn't take up much room on the status bar.
    Moto G unlocked from Phoen4You and no update yet :-(
    As far as I can tell if you bought your Moto G unlocked from Amazon, Phones4u etc then you haven't had any update. Those who bought locked phones and unlocked them afterwards have had updates...I presume if they offered updates to everyone at the same time their servers would crash.
    01-13-2014 05:42 PM
    The 'unlocked from Amazon' bit certainly applies to me. Still waiting.

...Ah - no longer waiting. The update notification arrived (I think) just after midnight, i.e. early on Wednesday 15th Jan. No problems yet, though (as with my Nexus tablet) I miss the blue network indicators.
    01-14-2014 08:12 AM
    Just received the KitKat update notification, my Moto G was unlocked from Phones4u, UK...I haven't updated it yet as I'm still wary about the changes it will have on my phone.
    There was no option for "never remind me", only a choice of what time to be reminded...oh well...seems like it will pester me...how very Google of it, lol.
    01-14-2014 08:00 PM
    Ref. my post at 14# You've had no problems with taking pics then?
    Also, I've noticed twice now that when I try to write out a text through Textra, the whole text box will flash intermittently and very fast. Tapping the screen makes no difference, nor going out of / returning to try again. I had no problems at all until the update

As my daughter only bought the phone in November, do you know where would I stand warranty wise if things get worse?

Thanks
    Try going to Developer options in settings and checking that strict mode is unchecked this may stop the flashing.
    01-15-2014 05:26 AM
    Just received the KitKat update notification, my Moto G was unlocked from Phones4u, UK...I haven't updated it yet as I'm still wary about the changes it will have on my phone.
    There was no option for "never remind me", only a choice of what time to be reminded...oh well...seems like it will pester me...how very Google of it, lol.
    Try tapping outside of window that seems to stop the reminder at least until you reboot phone.
    01-15-2014 05:29 AM
    Got notification. was hesitant, but after 2 hours of "thinking" just went ahead with the update. so far all good. only change I made is the ART instead of Dalvik. will see how it goes...
    01-15-2014 05:45 AM
    Try going to Developer options in settings and checking that strict mode is unchecked this may stop the flashing.
    Hi Clive

Strict Mode was already unchecked, but to be honest, I don't think it's anything to do with that, as the flashing is all over the place and random, and nothing like an intended action. Even Textra support don't know whats causing it.
    I'll try installing another sms app and see how that goes.

Whilst in developer options, I clicked on 'process stats' and at the top of the screen it states: 'Device memory is currently critical' - can you advise as to what this means exactly and what I can do to fix it. (Googling for info didn't help) My battery is currenly very low, but that's not related is it?

Many thanks
    Tara
    01-15-2014 07:37 AM
    well, so far I can see battery is managed perfect. Right now on 91% since morning. on 4.3 used to be around 80%.
    01-15-2014 09:00 AM
    Thinking of installing ART to see how my phone and battery perform on it.

Anyone currently using it and care to comment?

Android Run Time: An Easy Hack To Make Your Phone Faster And Its Battery Last Longer - Forbes
    01-15-2014 11:03 AM
    Anyone on KitKat been able to test the feature where if a business calls you and they are not in in the phonebook, KitKat tries to put a name to the unknown number?
    Thats a Nexus only feature
    Harvinder Sunila likes this.
    01-15-2014 11:07 AM
    My Tesco MotoG offered the update late last night.

What's new - really not that much - transparent status and nav bar and a new settings icon are the most obvious UI changes, new stock Email App along the lines of Gmail, new Dialer app, new Gallery app, ability to switch easily between stock and user installed launchers from Settings, printing from the device, some extra options in Developer Options including experimental ART runtime rather than Dalvik and 'Geeky stats about running processes' (great name for a settings entry). Repeatedly touch Build Number in About Phone to unhide Developer Options in Settings.

What's broken/annoying - user apps can't access app battery/cpu/wakelock stats without root anymore, doesn't seem to be native support for USB drives to be mounted via OTG - *sigh* - very bad to offer updates to drunk people on a Friday night!

Time will tell if performance & battery life is better/worse than the original 4.3.

Edit - improved Antutu benchmark - 17611, compared to 17200ish on 4.3.
    No OTG no update for me. You could, by the way, repeatedly touch build number to unhide dev options in jellybean as well.
    01-15-2014 10:44 PM
    Thinking of installing ART to see how my phone and battery perform on it.

Anyone currently using it and care to comment?

Android Run Time: An Easy Hack To Make Your Phone Faster And Its Battery Last Longer - Forbes
    Installing ART??? Well... You can't. It comes with 4.4.2 and replaces Dalvik (give option to chose btwn them). ART(Android RunTime)is not a application but process handler. If you have 4.4.2 KK on your phone I would suggest you use ART, battery increase is great and so is the phones behaviour (fast, no lags).

Before you do anything have read here to clarify things : Introducing ART | Android Developers
    01-16-2014 05:23 AM
    Installing ART??? Well... You can't. It comes with 4.4.2 and replaces Dalvik (give option to chose btwn them). ART(Android RunTime)is not a application but process handler. If you have 4.4.2 KK on your phone I would suggest you use ART, battery increase is great and so is the phones behaviour (fast, no lags).

Before you do anything have read here to clarify things : Introducing ART | Android Developers
    What do you mean ''Well you can't ??

I'm well aware of what ART is, which is why I put a link in my post for people who were not aware of it, so why are you giving me a link to read?
    01-16-2014 08:52 AM
    Maybe you formulated your post incorrectly. You wrote "thinking of installing ART"... It's confusing, as it sounds like its some application ...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    01-16-2014 08:55 AM
    The carrier name has nothing to do with the OS - if you want to remove it you'll need to root
    By "they" I meant Motorola. I was hoping they got rid of it for their 4.4.2 ROM, but alas, no luck
    01-16-2014 09:07 AM
    Hi guys I just received an email from Motorola. Motorola are currently rolling out the 'soak' test for some devices in the UK. If you purchased your phone from this carriers listed below;

Tesco Mobile
    o2
    EE
    Motorola (Retail)

Please find more details on the UK Motorola Software Updates page.

If your phone is listed with the carrier listed on Motorola's website you will receive an update to KitKat this month.

I also wan't to point out that the carriers themselves 'do not' roll or 'approve' this update through their networks. The update is rolled out by Motorola to the Moto G on the carriers listed above. If you have unlocked your phone to another carrier other than the one you bought the Moto G with you may or may not get the update.

I had this problem when I unlocked my phone the 3 mobile and put my Tesco sim back in and got the update a few hours later.

I hope this helps.

Harvinder Sunila likes this.
    01-16-2014 05:37 PM
    Hi guys I just received an email from Motorola. Motorola are currently rolling out the 'soak' test for some devices in the UK. If you purchased your phone from this carriers listed below;

Tesco Mobile
    o2
    EE
    Motorola (Retail)

Please find more details on the UK Motorola Software Updates page.

If your phone is listed with the carrier listed on Motorola's website you will receive an update to KitKat this month.

I also wan't to point out that the carriers themselves 'do not' roll or 'approve' this update through their networks. The update is rolled out by Motorola to the Moto G on the carriers listed above. If you have unlocked your phone to another carrier other than the one you bought the Moto G with you may or may not get the update.

I had this problem when I unlocked my phone the 3 mobile and put my Tesco sim back in and got the update a few hours later.

I hope this helps.

I got mine as "device only" using Tesco SIM and already updated couple days ago...
    01-17-2014 08:48 AM
    Maybe you formulated your post incorrectly. You wrote "thinking of installing ART"... It's confusing, as it sounds like its some application ...

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
    It couldn't be that maybe you read my post incorrectly!
    01-22-2014 05:47 AM
53 123