05-19-2014 04:08 PM
32 12
tools
    It's almost 6 months sice I've been using my Moto G now, here's an update...
    So far no real problems, the phone works as well as it did as the day I got it. The screen is scratch free, hasn't changed in quality in any way. The back cover is slightly scuffed from daily use, it's also picking up a shine rather than the matt like finish from new...that's easily fixed by getting a new back cover which sell for less than 10 in the UK. Everything else on the phone is the same as when I bought it, I was initially concerned about the buttons being flimsy but they're working the same now as the first day. I've had no build quality issues. Some have noticed a build up of fluff/dirt where the screen meets the case, on my phone the joins are very tight and using a hoover attachment every now and again cleans it up.
    My battery isn't lasting as much as before but I'm pretty sure that's down to me using instagram, it's a very power hungry app.
    I've still got about half of the 8GB of storage free, I don't store music or games on my phone, mainly images which take up very little space.
    Friends who have HTC Ones, Nexus 5s and various Samsungs all comment about how impressive the Moto G looks and feels in comparison... the fact that you can get them for around 120 unlocked is crazy.
    It's a very good phone, it may not have the out and out premium feel of a HTC One M8 or iPhone 5s but for almost everything else it's as good as if not better.
    I'm sure the new 4G version will add to an already amazing phone.

Take care,
    Harv.!
    harvindersunila.com
    harvindersunila.tumblr.com
    It updates to kikat and turns into an absolute crap phone.
    I had to root mine to keep it on jellybean.
    My battery now lasts me 3 days. I can watch video for 2 hours non stop full brightness and put a 15% dent max on batt.
    Moto G, as it is, with kitkat, stock, is absolute rubbish.
    Harvinder Sunila likes this.
    05-15-2014 05:57 PM
    My battery now lasts me 3 days. I can watch video for 2 hours non stop full brightness and put a 15% dent max on batt.
    I thought quick updates to each version of Android was the #1 selling point of the new Motorola phones. Otherwise just get like the LG F series or whatever.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    05-15-2014 08:55 PM
    I thought quick updates to each version of Android was the #1 selling point of the new Motorola phones. Otherwise just get like the LG F series or whatever.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Here is what the update to kitkat brings to moto g:
    1. usb otg is disabled
    2. real racing 3 sound is messed up completely to the point that you cant play it
    3. no call recorder will work
    4. some people complain of signal drops
    5. some people have complained about wifi drops
    6. app ops will not work anymore, which means there is no way you can stop some apps from accessing your camera, mic, etc, your privacy is gone and theres no way to control it in kitkat.
    7. a lot of apps wont work until their update is released.

MOTO G, as it comes, or at least first came, with jellybean, is perfection. if nothing is broken, what is the point of an update? now when an update starts taking away features instead of giving them, then whats the point? sure, it brings fancy stuff like ART or whatever but i dont consider it a feature. with kitkat i actaully didnt see any increase in speed either!
    05-15-2014 10:12 PM
    I will update to kitkat once they get the update to keep my phone as fast and bug-free as 4.3

Posted via Android Central App
    05-16-2014 06:37 PM
    My wife's works great with KitKat.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    paulw3 likes this.
    05-16-2014 10:16 PM
    When I "updated" to KitKat I did have a few issues, the screen brightness was definitely lower and I had a bit of lag here and there. The lag must have been cause by some app or another as it seems to have been fixed. the other apps I have installed seem to work just fine, I don't play any games so i can't say about all that.
    My battery hasn't changed since Jellybean, or at least I haven't noticed if it has.
    Considering it only cost 130 it's pretty dam good...you can find it even cheaper now.
    Take care,
    Harv.!
    harvindersunila.com
    harvindersunila.tumblr.com
    05-18-2014 04:38 PM
    The only problem I have with KitKat is laggy UI from time to time. Real racing 3 laggu sound is also something I have noticed. Seems some of us have some issues with KitKat. 4.4.3 should fix em.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app
    05-19-2014 04:08 PM
32 12