Updates on moto g after Motorola being sold?

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
So my wife just got her moto g in the mail and this happens. I was also considering ordering a G and now don't know what to do. Will it get updates or should I buy the moto g play edition to make sure that aspect is covered?

Posted via Android Central App

MrMoto1992

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Well lenovo said that they would not be making any drastic changes to Motorola. Think of it like the show Shark Tank, where Google and Lenovo are sharks and own most of the stake in the company, but Motorola will act as they always have. You should see no change as far as Motorola devices or updates.

I would think the GPE would get a little longer support, but I think Its safe to say they will both get android 4.5 at the least.

PS. The moto g is a great phone. Had mine since they first came out and still love it.

Sent from my super awesome moto g.

ddonahueiup

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes my wife is waiting for the port on smart talk to take effect but I played with it and really enjoyed it. At this point I think I still will pick one up. It seems like a smooth phone for what I do. I just was shocked it happened so quick and on the day she got it. Oh well she enjoys it.

Posted via Android Central App

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
So my wife just got her moto g in the mail and this happens. I was also considering ordering a G and now don't know what to do. Will it get updates or should I buy the moto g play edition to make sure that aspect is covered?
That's a personal decision based on how much you value the Moto functionality now versus the speed of potential updates in the future. I fully expect the Moto G will get Android updates but in the future the timeline may be closer to carrier devices than Nexus devices. However, to some extent that was true even when Google owned Moto, because if any device is not running vanilla Android there's going to be a lag to make sure all the diffs still work with the new base OS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol