Moto G Audio Stopped Working Without Warning; Required Restart

Bryannek9

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
I've had the same problems on my 2016 model, I'd dropped mine in the sink a couple of times and had it fall out of my top pocket on numerous occasions, my phone's take a beating so I was on the point of buying another untill I read one user had tried twisting the body and had a result, twisting didn't cure mine but a few good taps with the phone onto the palm of my hand restored sound. Worth trying as a last resort if, like me, you're on the point of replacing your Moto.

SISTA SRIPURNA

Nov 11, 2016
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

It's unfortunate to hear about this issue you had last night. All I can suggest is to make sure the volume is set all the way up via Settings > Sounds. Also, your recent issue could possibly have been caused by an App. Did you install anything just before going to bed or during the day?

Lastly, it could been a onetime incident. Though, can certainly understand your frustration since you seem to have missed some appointments as a result.

I did recently face the same problem I am using marshmallow n the phone was purchased last year itself nd I was talking on the phone using Nokia earphone n suddenly the volume stopped working...aftee that I uninstalled an app pls help me out with it

Last edited by a moderator:

Busybee2017

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
I got my Moto g4 last week and I'm having the same trouble, I did a factory reset and it was ok for a few days then started playing up again. I notice tonight the sound went off at midnight. Any ideas?

Mumford68

Apr 5, 2017
Visit site
Sound stopped working after darn thing dropped on ground. Pinching top (Moto G4 play) where speaker is got it to work again. Thank you so much for posting that. Apparently the shock has created a separation somewhere. Hopefully not the hardest thing to get fixed. I would have gone nuts trying to figure out the software solution it it weren't for this forum and the answers posted within.
Take care.

stabbedintheface

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
My wife has a Moto G4 and this just started happening this week. The phone is basically unusable at this point. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes she can't even get call audio.

Chai Aquino

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
My son had the same issue with his Moto G4.

1. He couldn't hear me when I call;
2. All Sound settings turned up but no sound coming off his phone.

What he did to fix the issue:
1. Turn off and on. No good.
2. Go to Settings>User>Add New User account and cancelled/removed the same. It's weird but it did work! The sounds were on again.

akki rajwade

Jul 29, 2017
Visit site
Notification audio not working in moto g5 plus

Follow these steps...

Setting -> accessibility -> services

Check each service must be off...
If not then make sure them to be off...

Keep each service off...

I hope it will help you...

Thanks...!!

Brockaly

Feb 7, 2018
Visit site
Lost all sound through speaker, noticed when I took the back cover on and off it came back. Just bash the bottom of the phone or squeeze and sound comes back. So a simple bad connection. Guess it means ripping the thing apart.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000