Wallpaper Issue KitKat

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Here's a weird one...
If I change my wallpaper to an image I choose from my gallery it looks like the first screenshot below. If I then turn my phone off and then turn on again (power off/on) , the wallpaper is now cropped differently and the black bar at the bottom is graduated/transparent instead of being opaque black ?
What's going on with that ?

Screenshot_2014-02-03-16-06-30.png Screenshot_2014-02-03-16-08-01.png

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
The transparent bars are new feature in Kit Kat....did you recently get the upgrade?

Hi cpaight,
I have KitKat and know about the transparent bars being part of KitKat but that's not really what I'm talking about.
If I change my wallpaper to an image I choose from my gallery it looks like the first screenshot above. If I then turn my phone off and then turn on again (power off/on) , the wallpaper is now cropped differently and the black bar at the bottom is graduated/transparent instead of being opaque black.
Why is it changing the crop and switching between opaque and transparent bar depending on where I choose my wallpaper image ?...if I choose an image from my gallery it adds an opaque bar (unless I restart, and it changes the crop)...If I choose an image from "Wallpapers" it doesn't add an opaque black bar.

Mardavia40

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi Harvinder

I like the look of your wallpaper can you tell me it's name and how to get it thanks.
Have finely updated to Kitkat after 3 weeks but the black bar at the bottom is missing.
The update went better than i expected with no problems as yet.

Harvinder Sunila

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I noticed the same trouble with KK 4.4.2 too. Actually I change my wallwaper with ES File Explorer. There I can pick and/or cut it like I want. It works very well.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&token=T-ENb4g5

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

Thanks cape-droid,
ES works better, but it again works in a different way, it restricts your crop ratio...it's all very odd, lol.

I like the look of your wallpaper can you tell me it's name and how to get it thanks.

Hi Mardavia40,
I think it's one of the Nexus 5 wallpapers, here it is...
nexus.jpg

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the cropping issue as well, I selected a picture from gallery and upon reboot the wallpaper has been zoomed in. The problem appears to be the stock launcher, as I sideloaded the GEL and the problem went away.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar