Wi-Fi Change Host Name, Delete Downloaded Files

MotoG

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the Device Hostname? So when I connect to someone's Wi-Fi it can say "Moto G" instead of "android-923xxxxxxxxx".

I sent myself a short MP3 and I was able to download the "Attachment" from the text. I am able to set it up as a ringtone, however I cant find a way to delete it from the phone overall. I don't use the Google Play store so any file explorer apps wont work. Is there anyway to delete the file itself from within the device? It wont show up in the Google Music App, nor Downloads. I don't know where it saved so I can delete it.

It comes up when I put "Show Advanced Settings" in QuickOffice under the Ringtones folder, there are two Google Hangout ringtones as well as my mp3 but they grayed out and cant do anything to them. It also comes up in the same QuickOffice folder under Play music as well as the other two files but all I can do is listen to it.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know how to change the Device Hostname? So when I connect to someone's Wi-Fi it can say "Moto G" instead of "android-923xxxxxxxxx".

I sent myself a short MP3 and I was able to download the "Attachment" from the text. I am able to set it up as a ringtone, however I cant find a way to delete it from the phone overall. I don't use the Google Play store so any file explorer apps wont work. Is there anyway to delete the file itself from within the device? It wont show up in the Google Music App, nor Downloads. I don't know where it saved so I can delete it.

It comes up when I put "Show Advanced Settings" in QuickOffice under the Ringtones folder, there are two Google Hangout ringtones as well as my mp3 but they grayed out and cant do anything to them. It also comes up in the same QuickOffice folder under Play music as well as the other two files but all I can do is listen to it.

connect via usb, find the file.
if you still cant, download es explorer. enable remote manager ftp. enable wifi. connect your desktop pc to same wifi. browse to ftp location given by es exlorer remote manager. now you'll see everything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol