Moto G vs Lumia 525

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
So which one is better ? Overall the Moto G has a better set of specs but is also a fair bit more expensive.So which offers the most bang for the buck ?

John Kreese

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
No.Samsung sucks.All Samsung phones are a rip off and overpriced pieces of crap just like Apple.

Had a bad Samsung in the past or something?

Re: OP have a look at some youtube comparrison videos.

The camera on the lumia is a bit better. It has a removable battery. It has expandable storage. The shape of the Lumia is considerably more trapezoid and chunky. The screen is inferior to the Moto G.
It runs Windows. It doesn't have Gorilla Glass. I've seen them priced as low as $69. So the margin on them is pretty huge compared to the Moto G. Voice quality is great on both phones.

Its really a case of wanting a HD screen and Gorilla Glass over a pretty crappy 800x400 screen, marginally less crappy camera and a removable battery/storage. Its also a case of choosing Android or Windows.

HTH

mohit9206

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site

The camera on the lumia is a bit better. It has a removable battery. It has expandable storage. The shape of the Lumia is considerably more trapezoid and chunky. The screen is inferior to the Moto G.
It runs Windows. It doesn't have Gorilla Glass. I've seen them priced as low as $69. So the margin on them is pretty huge compared to the Moto G. Voice quality is great on both phones.

Its really a case of wanting a HD screen and Gorilla Glass over a pretty crappy 800x400 screen, marginally less crappy camera and a removable battery/storage. Its also a case of choosing Android or Windows.

HTH

Nice comparison the thing is i already own Lumia 520 and i like it but was thinking of upgrading to Moto G.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
It depends on the pricing of the 525. Unless the 525 under $100 (highly unlikely), I would get the Moto G.

I have a 520, which is essentially a 525 with 512 MB instead of 1 GB. Unless you game, which the 1 GB of the 525 would be advantageous, 512MB works well. I like Android OS better than Windows Phone 8, but WP8 is still a good OS and 8.1 looks to be quite an improvement. My 520 makes a great mini-tablet and music player. However, I rely a lot on Google apps, which WP8 suffers somewhat.

I'd like to get a Moto G sometime in the future. There should be some significant discounting in the next few months.

shmotog

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site

HTH

but moto g has a front camera, and a very good camera for a front camera, 1.3 mp i think.