Battery Halved after Restart

James Fawkes

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

Just got the Moto G the other day, really pleased with it until now.

I fully charged it last night, this morning I unplugged it from the charger and then turned it on and off again. when it turned back on the battery had dropped from 100% to 54%. Does anyone know why this has happened? I am worried the battery may be a dud. Any insight into the issue would be great.

Cheers
James

Caz42

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,

I fully charged it last night, this morning I unplugged it from the charger and then turned it on and off again. when it turned back on the battery had dropped from 100% to 54%. Does anyone know why this has happened? I am worried the battery may be a dud. Any insight into the issue would be great.

Cheers
James

Don't worry James, if you plug the charger back in it will probably jump back to 100% in a few minutes. It seems to happen to most folks at least once and no one seems quite sure why. It may never happen again. It hasn't to me and I've had the phone for 2 months now. Try running the battery right down to 0 then charging to 100% again, apparently that can recalibrate things and stop it recurring. Hope this helps, it's a great phone isn't it :)

baldpaul

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi there,

Cheers
James

I have had inconsistent behaviour/reporting from the battery on several occasions with my Moto G. I won't go into details as the instances have been many and varied but I would say that in all instances the battery does last as long as you would expect it to despite what the battery percentage tells you.

I would suggest doing a complete discharge and full charge cycle at least once and maybe twice. Motorola UK suggested this to me when I reported odd battery percentages. It has been generally fine since. Only time it still acts odd is when I do a partial charge to say 80% then do a further charge to 100% shortly after. It then seems to very quickly reduce to around 80% then slows down dramatically and takes an age to drop a further 20%.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

James Fawkes

Feb 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi there,
Thanks for the quick and very helpful replies :) This is the first time it has happened as I've only had the phone a week. However since dropping to 54% it hasn't dropped so I presume you are all correct and it is just not very accurate. I will try a full drain an see if that sorts it.

Cheers
James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zif835