Moto G: error on update

berlin00

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
My phone will not update. When I do it powers off, tries to update and it ends in an error. It then reboots to its former state. Bootloader has been unlocked, and have tried to update with a rooted and unrooted state. Still no joy. Even tried factory settings and recovery. Still no joy. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto error on update

My phone will not update. When I do it powers off, tries to update and it ends in an error. It then reboots to its former state. Bootloader has been unlocked, and have tried to update with a rooted and unrooted state. Still no joy. Even tried factory settings and recovery. Still no joy. Any ideas?

Which Moto G do you have?

jec11718

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site

What update do you mean..

If you are on kk it's updated already. Gsm or cdma?

sent from my Nos M7 DNA

berlin00

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site

It is a secondary update to the major new kitkat. Get back to you on whether Gsm or CDMA. It is boot locker unlocked. Just get Error message with this update. Probably done something to screw it up. Your help is appreciated big time.

berlin00

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yeah. Sim phone. Bootloader unlocked. It was rooted. I unrooted it. Update goes ahead. Phone reboots to "updating" pic of Android. Then comes up with Error. It reboots again, back to its formal state. Saught advice from Motorola. They said try Recovery. Would not update. They then said try Factory Reset. Tried it. No joy. Have tried it with the SIM and without.
Do you think I will have to flash the phone with a Retail Firmware, or is their something simpler I could do?

Thanks

berlin00

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
So I take it this is unfixable and nobody has a clue about this? Should I just take the phone back and request a new one, after all it is under guarantee. Been all over the web and no one is reporting this this apart from me. What do you think?

berlin00

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Aye. Brilliant phone, but it just just won't update. Pain in the arse, but heyho. Has to be through Mototola, as phones4u will only take replace within a month. Had it for a month and a half. Should be oh hopefully.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol