Moto G: YouTube full screen

Christopher Corsbie

May 29, 2014
Visit site
On my nexus 5.

If I open YouTube with any notifications currently in the notification bar, it comes to limited full screen, presumably to let u know about your unread notifications.

Try this: clear your notification bar, close YouTube, and reopen. Does that work?

Louis Taylor1

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Any updates? I have the same problem on my HTC one m8, I have cleared the cache in settings, apps, YouTube, clear cache. Seems to be working so far. If you don't have the notification bar as well as the buttons then just double tap. If you do then try the first method.

Sorry for late reply.

Last edited:

Louis Taylor1

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: I noticed it happened after an advert came up for another video at the bottom of the screen. Then as soon as another ad comes up it goes back to full screen. Anyone else?

Akis Psarros

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
This is an issue when the system has to show you any notifications and you are already in full screen in an app (youtube). it shows the notification bar and the on screen buttons but it doesn't let the running app (youtube) go back in entire full screen mode. This is a bug. The only thing we can do is close youtube (full shutdown even from running apps) and reopen it. When youtube reopens, it can go to full screen and overlap the system bars.

Vasile Ceteras

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings - apps - all - youtube and uncheck "show notifications". It will whine about your choice not to be interrupted with "important alerts and updates" when you watch youtube. Click ok, because you know better what's good for you.
I did this, and it solved it for me, on an Android 4.4.2 device.

Banana_Apple

May 14, 2015
Visit site
Re: YouTube full screen

I just figured this out a while ago, go to your settings and turn off auto rotation, then click full screen into the video and wait a couple of seconds. Hope that helps 😇

cknorthpole

May 17, 2015
Visit site
When you are watching a video in full screen. Click on it and then press the "i" button and then the small cross. It will then go back to full screen.